Texas-ou 2008 is on ESPN Classic right now

HornPhD

55 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Damn you Musburger making me think every time there was clipping on the Shipley TD return.

I’m not sure we win that game without it. The momentum change was insane. Early on when it was 14-3 I was starting to feel like it was 2003 again. Unfortunately, only had to wait a couple more years for that feeling to come rushing back multiple times. Fuck OU.

In my opinion, one of the more memorable reg season college football games of the last 25 years. 2008 season was a wild ride. I have no doubt that Texas would have won the National Championship that year if given the opportunity. 

Edited by Girdwood

27 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

This may be an unpopular opinion, but fuck it. I like the burnt orange tops, but the white on white with the all white everything (helmet, socks, shoes) is the best uniform in college football. I would vote to wear that at home if I had a vote. 

I agree all white everything is better. Reserving it for away games makes it even more badass IMO

10 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

This may be an unpopular opinion, but fuck it. I like the burnt orange tops, but the white on white with the all white everything (helmet, socks, shoes) is the best uniform in college football. I would vote to wear that at home if I had a vote. 

Unpopular opinion?  Are you high?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, OrangEngr said:

Unpopular opinion?  Are you high?

Haha I’m trying to cut back but there was a stronger possibility, yes. I’ve had people try to tell me you can’t just get rid of the orange tops, but I’m saying I’d do away with them kind of like the cowboys have done with the blue tops. Unless we’re on the road and some team forces us to wear the oranges, id rock all white everything for every home game. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

1 hour ago, Ignatius said:

Obviously the USC game was bigger because if he direct stakes, and the feeling of being there was once in a lifetime for a Horns fan.  Having said that, this is still my favorite Horns game of all time....

Yup. Deep down, I expected to beat USC going into that game. Going into this game, I had no idea what this 08 team was. Plus, OU looked unstoppable up until that point. We were ranked #5 almost by default at the time, because other teams around us lost and we hadn’t played anyone worth a shit. At 14-3, it was “welp, here we go again. Another typical bob stoops tea-bagging of Mack brown” and then that return changed everything. 

God damn, we better be good this year. I miss being relevant 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

On 8/3/2019 at 8:56 PM, HornPhD said:

I still think that was a TD.

12 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

As long as the letters and numbers don't look like that crap we are wearing for practices right now.