Shane Buechele versus Charlie Strong - ESPNU 3pm

Tailgate

42 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Mack had a significantly higher winning % versus OU then Charlie. 

Brown's Texas teams were 7-9 against OU for a 44% winning percentage.  Strong's Texas teams were 1-2 for a 33% winning percentage.

1998-1999 2-0
2000-2004 0-5 (OU wins were by an average of 27 points, including a 52 and 49 point margin)
2005-2009 4-1
2010-2013 1-3 (OU wins were by an average of 29 points) 

Average loss margin under Strong was 5 points. 

Losses under Brown, though, were far more humiliating.  Not that it really matters, as Strong was objectively a horrible coach.

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Had he stayed as long as Mack, I have no doubt that would have been his only win against ou, ever. 

I agree that Strong's record would have been 1-15 (maybe 2-14) vs. OU.  I find it difficult to imagine one more year w/ Strong, much less another 13.  I think we'd have seen torches and pitchforks from the entire alumni base well in advance of that. 

15 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

I agree that Strong's record would have been 1-15 (maybe 2-14) vs. OU.  I find it difficult to imagine one more year w/ Strong, much less another 13.  I think we'd have seen torches and pitchforks from the entire alumni base well in advance of that. 

Steve Patterson would have given him a lifelong contract if we weren't smart enough to fire that dick bag. He was truly that stupid. I'm of the belief he wanted to watch our athletics burn out of stupidity.