2020 NFL DRAFT

Napoleon

I know there hasn’t been much pick analysis on this page so why not switch it up. I was on the fence about the chiefs picking a rb with the needs on D but then having all of the RBs available, I knew it was going to happen. I hope we don’t regret not getting swifty but I think mr. 3 names will fit in. Had no idea about his past catching stats. My girl is a packer fan, the look on her face when they made their pick was priceless. I had to go on to explain that Rodgers isn’t exactly a spring chicken anymore. 

2 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

after an undefeated season and a National Championship, innumerable post season awards and 5 first round picks...we're so grateful for your thoughts and well-wishes.

please...by all means...keep them coming.

It's likely Orgeron is another Chizik. He will be fired when he's unable to duplicate the 2019 season.

12 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I know there hasn’t been much pick analysis on this page so why not switch it up. I was on the fence about the chiefs picking a rb with the needs on D but then having all of the RBs available, I knew it was going to happen. I hope we don’t regret not getting swifty but I think mr. 3 names will fit in. Had no idea about his past catching stats. My girl is a packer fan, the look on her face when they made their pick was priceless. I had to go on to explain that Rodgers isn’t exactly a spring chicken anymore. 

I think CEH was atrocious value at 32, but he’ll be really good in KC’s offense. 

The Love pick really makes no sense. Rodgers dead cap hit makes it so the Packers can’t move on from him for 3 more years, so even if Love ends up being good, the Packers will only get the benefit of a QB on a rookie deal for one year at most and then his 5th year option will kick in and they’d have to extend him to big money deal after that. There’s really not a whole lot of upside in what they did, barring him being the third HOFer in a row for them, which is extremely unlikely. 

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

I think CEH was atrocious value at 32, but he’ll be really good in KC’s offense. 

The Love pick really makes no sense. Rodgers dead cap hit makes it so the Packers can’t move on from him for 3 more years, so even if Love ends up being good, the Packers will only get the benefit of a QB on a rookie deal for one year at most and then his 5th year option will kick in and they’d have to extend him to big money deal after that. There’s really not a whole lot of upside in what they did, barring him being the third HOFer in a row for them, which is extremely unlikely. 

They could trade Rodgers at some point

Edited by TonyTexas

4 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Just wondering how many draftees/prospects that went against the new social distancing rules come down with the Covid. I get some actually do live with most they were on camera with but quite a few do not. 

Reported NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo on April 9 regarding draft-night guidelines: “The league has told players and their agents they want no more than six people there, and they want to make sure it’s people who have been living with the draft prospect. If someone comes into the house who hasn’t been living with the prospect, they want that person six feet or more away.”
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/24/plenty-of-prospects-disregarded-the-nfls-pandemic-guidelines/

i mean its a nice theory and all but literally every single first rounder except for Burrow had no fewer than 6 people in the room with themselves, even Tua who looked like he had 6 actually had at least 2 others hiding behind the wooden pillars on the sides of the screen- I kept seeing an upper torso and arm peeking around the corners.  and its clear as fuck that more than half the people in the room arent habitating in the same house as the players.  lots and lots of uncles, grandparents, nieces, etc that you know have their own place.

and I cant remember who, but I counted thirteen people in one of the picks late in the eve,  maybe somewhere around picks 25-31?

Edited by AUS-97HORN

2 minutes ago, Iceman said:

LOLz. That just seems unpossible, financially.

in 2 years his contract will look like peanuts compared to Dak, Mahoes, Watson, etc. A trade is totally possible.

GB has to fucking nail the rest of this draft though.

21 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

They could trade Rodgers at some point

1 minute ago, TonyTexas said:

Yep. Dead cap falls to $17 million in 2022

Sure, they can trade him but the dead cap still factors into a trade. So even if Rodgers played the next two years, then Love starts year 3 of his rookie deal, the 17 mil dead cap will still be on the books in Year 3, which voids most of the advantage you get with having a QB on a rookie deal, so GB still would only get a one year window of having their QB position being on the rookie pay scale. In the last ten years, every super bowl winner has either been Brady on an absurdly cheap deal or a rookie QB contract, so only getting a one year window at that opportunity really kills the upside in making this move.

Not to mention, they’ve definitely majorly pissed off Rodgers and probably a lot of other guys in the locker room, and there’s gonna be some team issues that stem from that. 

14 minutes ago, cam4mav said:

in 2 years his contract will look like peanuts compared to Dak, Mahoes, Watson, etc. A trade is totally possible.

GB has to fucking nail the rest of this draft though.

Rodgers cap hits over the next 3 years are: 21, 36, and 40, so definitely not peanuts. He’ll probably have a higher cap hit than 80% of the league in 2022 when he’s 38. 

We should at least get Devin drafted tonite. Ranked not far behind him are Colin Johnson and Brandon Jones.

not saying teams go by Kiper’s best available (or should) but right now he has Devin as Texas highest ranked player. If there is a run on WRs he is considered seventh after Mims and Pittman. Colin Johnson ranked as 11th best WR.

Keep in mind the best available obviously is from picks 33-134. So at least we had one player in the top 100? Jeez.

Seattle picks a few times tonite so...maybe. Devin definitely goes for sure 

im such a fucking dipshit dork. I live for the damn draft. I make lists. Facepalm.

Bengals may be looking to trade out of first pick of second round. At any rate unless Cowboys move up there are still Great players at positions of need. No idea what they consider their position of need at this point or will go with best player on the board like they did in round one.

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

Someone they want will make it to 51. Even if it’s a DL guy that the cowboys need just as much as DB.

Just do NOT trade up for one.

Dallas needs to take best available player. The draft should be about maximizing talent and not fixating on a position of need.