Auto detailing

So I got some paint overspray on my truck windshield and paint.

Anyone know a good detailer that can get it off? Polish or clay bar maybe?

Tried the razor blade and goo off on windshield. It took off some but not all.

I had a guy off Cameron Rd. but cant find his new number.

Yes Im lazy.

Anyone got a rec?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at buying a  random orbital polisher for car and boat work.  Any thoughts on this kit by The Chemical Guys?  Would end up buying another $50-75 in polish/waxes etc.  Haven't ever used their stuff before.  Any other recs for chems or a different polisher?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003UW1IQU/?coliid=I19G7GNUMYO3RP&colid=3L71TUKSLT972&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

61p3Vh7hfJL._SL1000_.jpg

Can't tell for certain, but it looks like that model has a 10ft power cord.  You're going to want the 25ft cord to save yourself headaches. 

I have a Griots 6in orbital with a 25ft cord that's pretty similar to the model you're looking at.  I've been very pleased with it. It's very comfortable to work with.  

I've used some Chemical Guys interior products and haven't been blown away.  For exterior stuff I stick with Meguires. 

I'm looking at buying a  random orbital polisher for car and boat work.  Any thoughts on this kit by The Chemical Guys?  Would end up buying another $50-75 in polish/waxes etc.  Haven't ever used their stuff before.  Any other recs for chems or a different polisher?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003UW1IQU/?coliid=I19G7GNUMYO3RP&colid=3L71TUKSLT972&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
61p3Vh7hfJL._SL1000_.jpg

That’s the Porter Cable one most guys talk about when gearing up for some detailing. I’ve used some of the chemical guys pads and towels. They are good to go.

The harbor freight one does the job, just louder. The PC just felt like better equipment.

• 4 weeks later...

If ya'll haven't read the "Stupid Things My Wife Says/Does" thread in a little while, my wife wrecked her month old car pulling into the garage.  While the body damage isn't too bad, there is quite a bit of paint transfer on the back passenger door/QP.  What is your go-to method for removing paint transfer?  It appears that a common method is using WD-40 + magic eraser to remove the paint, followed up by soapy water to remove residual WD-40 and clay barring the area.  Then finish with a coat of wax.  Would any of you use this method on a car with sub-10K miles on it?  I do have a DA but I'm really having a hard time bringing myself to using paint correction on a car we've had for a month.  Any other suggestions?

12 hours ago, Spur08 said:

If ya'll haven't read the "Stupid Things My Wife Says/Does" thread in a little while, my wife wrecked her month old car pulling into the garage.  While the body damage isn't too bad, there is quite a bit of paint transfer on the back passenger door/QP.  What is your go-to method for removing paint transfer?  It appears that a common method is using WD-40 + magic eraser to remove the paint, followed up by soapy water to remove residual WD-40 and clay barring the area.  Then finish with a coat of wax.  Would any of you use this method on a car with sub-10K miles on it?  I do have a DA but I'm really having a hard time bringing myself to using paint correction on a car we've had for a month.  Any other suggestions?

You have a DA... Use it. Cutting pad with heavy cut cleaner. Then a light cut or a Polish and top with wax. You'll be done in a matter of minutes. Paint transfer is usually pretty easy to remove with a DA. Magic eraser has its place but I've seen them haze the clear so you would need to follow up with a polish regardless. Skip the messy wd40 stuff and just hit it with the DA. 

• 1 month later...
Finally got to fixing this. Washed and clayed the car, then touched up the deep scratches with paint, followed by a clear-cloat top (sanded in between). Hit the final spots with the DA, first with orange pad and chem guys V34, then with the white pad and V32. Finished with some meguires wax.

e71a36616d2856ca4dc9d51c2729bda2.jpgd8a5c2a31dac2b3cbf30a6248eb5e4a8.jpg2fc61126bd482b272d612d9f4efc9cf3.jpg
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

So i showed the above pictures to a coworker and he asked if i could work on his car. I offered to in exchange for reimbursement of some new supplies I wanted. Someone scrapped his car and left which resulted in some paint transfer and minor dents. I told him I wouldn't be able to fix the dents or paint if it went past the clear coat.

I wash and clayed the driver rear passenger door and QP, then used an orange cutting pad w chemical guys VSS polish (scratch and swirl) and finished it with some leftover Meguires Fast Finish and a thin layer of wax. Guy liked it so much he paid me $150 for abt an hr of work.

83da478bf1db280dd3a0012598a03995.jpgbd99e84764ec5ba021c22d3913f47fcb.jpg4519d77f0780280c31ebb80b4703eddd.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got a guy who works @ the car wash on Brodie @ West William Cannon - he is interested in doing side jobs.  I'll ask him for better info on how he wants to price it & if he's interested in doing something  similar to what Elvis mentioned, maybe if a Shagger wants to host for multiple rides?  For any onsite work, he will need your hose / water situation as he doesn't drive a truck or tow a trailer from his Caddy.

• 5 years later...
On 8/11/2018 at 1:57 PM, williemackgarza said:

FYI- I found the detailer from my original post. Got me fixed up. My truck looked brand new.
If anyone needs a rec pm me and Ill send his info

Necro bump

My detail service closed up shop (owner moved out of the area) anyone have a good recommendation on a mobile detail guy in North Austin?

8 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

Necro bump

My detail service closed up shop (owner moved out of the area) anyone have a good recommendation on a mobile detail guy in North Austin?

2 inter-related items that don't actually answer your question, but may work:

1. Redbox Restoration, in Leander, is fantastic (but not mobile) (https://redbox-restoration.com/)

2. Sunrae Transport, in Round Rock, is a high-end auto transporter (with enclosed trailer) that is also fantastic. (https://sunraetransport.com/)

Edited by morehornsepower