Chelsea 2020-2021: Campeones de Europa

ztejas

• ztejas changed the title to Chelsea 2020-2021: Campeones de Europa
3 minutes ago, MoJames said:

aa8f3bb7320ad75623db29e0c1357d89.jpg

He was awesome. He got burned once by Sterling early but fortunately Sterling didn't have a clean first touch and we were able to recover. I've rated Reece all year and even though he fell out of the rotation a bit it was awesome to see him go the full 90 today. 

Also - I wish this win was sweeter. I really do. Because titles like this only come along every so often. Sure - Chelsea has won 2 in 10 years now but it might be 30 years before we climb back to the top. You never know. 

It isn't as sweet as it should be because I'm a neophyte in following this club. Even though I am really good about becoming fanatical about teams very quickly I can't imagine how amazing this is for some of you that have lived and died with these guys for a decade or more. This is truly fucking awesome. 2 Euro titles in less than a decade. And against the EPL champs and supposed best manager in the world.

But I do know this - this is my fucking club. I don't care where the money comes from. I don't care if Pulisic gets shipped (but I'm sure I'd bandwagon his new club a bit). I don't care if I'm a plastic or bandwagoner or whatever - I watched probably 70% of our games in all comps this year live and I plan to keep that trend up. 

It's like I was rewarded too quickly after choosing an EPL team to support and so it just feels weird. But - you know - we have some unfinished business when it comes to domestic trophies so let's reload and go win all of 'em next year. 

Idk I'm getting drunk and maybe the champagne is typing at this point but this was fucking awesome and I'm guessing as the years go by I'll be more able to appreciate how special this shit truly was. If I have kids they will certainly be indoctrinated and schooled on the forming legends that are Christian Pulisic and Kai Havertz and the established legends like Kante.

I'll just do my best to live this right now and enjoy it because life is short - and I ask that y'all let me start our next year's thread, but, you know, what's the rush? As Kai said - we just won the fucking Champions league.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, MoJames said:

2f65c0e79d129a82931b67ca614f3b18.jpg

What is context here? 

Also I'll just rep everything on this page and going forward because I pay for it so knock yourselves out. Call my mother a whore and I'll rep you. Who cares. With Kante at the mid and Havertz up top we are the best team in ALL of Europe and no one is taking that away. If Bayern or PSG want a consolation game we'll set a date and beat them, too. 

Edited by ztejas

5 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Tuchel was the manager of PSG when they lost to Bayern last season

I knew that - I guess I didn't realize Silva came from PSG*. But my brain is fried in weird random places and razor sharp in others. 

Edited by ztejas