Several shot during 3rd night of Kenosha riots

clapclapclap

3 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Again I don’t think the incident itself caused one side to win or the other. Or that it even affected the trial. Most jurors make up their minds 30 minutes or so into the trial. That’s not the point.

The point is the judge showed his cards so to speak, it was really Improper, and no I wouldn’t change my opinion based on who was facing trial. 

You're going to have to connect your dots for me. If you do not think it affected the trial, then who cares? While I agree applauding a witness for any reason should be avoided, what cards does it show?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

I wouldn’t be putting all my eggs in that basket.  After he perjured himself, admitted to several lies to cops, was illegally carrying and admitted to pointing a gun at Kyle’s head before having his bicep shredded.  He should be charged with aggravated assault of a minor.  

Why was Rittenhouse charged with a gun crime but this guy was not?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Harrison Bergeron said:

You're going to have to connect your dots for me. If you do not think it affected the trial, then who cares? While I agree applauding a witness for any reason should be avoided, what cards does it show?

To me it either shows the judge was biased or an idiot. It’s impossible to say if that affected the trial because I wasn’t there and any opinion one way or the other is based on incomplete information. But it’s still important to have an unbiased judge who is not an idiot. 

I really don’t care whether or not this guy gets off but I do care that the trial is fair. To both sides. That’s my issue with the judge now, and I didn’t have it until today. 

To me it either shows the judge was biased or an idiot. It’s impossible to say if that affected the trial because I wasn’t there and any opinion one way or the other is based on incomplete information. But it’s still important to have an unbiased judge who is not an idiot. 

I really don’t care whether or not this guy gets off but I do care that the trial is fair. To both sides. That’s my issue with the judge now, and I didn’t have it until today. 

You were looking for any and every reason to call this trial “unfair” from the beginning. It’s ok to admit you were wrong. Hell,@captainant even admitted he was wrong about this particular case. Nobody is going to come for your left leaning card. You can still vote for every Democrat in the next election no matter how vial they may be :-).

6 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

So asking the court to clap for a veteran on Veteran's Day is idiotic or biased? Is that what you're saying?

How was the trial unfair to either side (I need specifics) - other than the fact that charges were even brought, which was clearly a response the the twatter lynch mob?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Harrison Bergeron said:

So asking the court to clap for a veteran on Veteran's Day is idiotic or biased? Is that what you're saying?

How was the trial unfair to either side (I need specifics) - other than the fact that charges were even brought, which was clearly a response the the twatter lynch mob?

Asking the court to clap for him is fine. Asking the jury to do so is unconscionable. Ask the sack.

3 minutes ago, Hate said:

You were looking for any and every reason to call this trial “unfair” from the beginning. It’s ok to admit you were wrong. Hell,@captainant even admitted he was wrong about this particular case. Nobody is going to come for your left leaning card. You can still vote for every Democrat in the next election no matter how vial they may be :-).

If you say so.

5 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Asking the court to clap for him is fine. Asking the jury to do so is unconscionable. Ask the sack.

I'm not a legal scholar. As I noted - I think confidence in a juror to decide a complex case inherently means a juror can know when a cigar is just a cigar. I do think you had so much invested in this red meat, and it is hard coming to terms with the fact that you were lied to, so you're looking for any reason not to face reality.

Spoiler

I know ... "If you say so."

1 minute ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

I'm not a legal scholar. As I noted - I think confidence in a juror to decide a complex case inherently means a juror can know when a cigar is just a cigar. I do think you had so much invested in this red meat, and it is hard coming to terms with the fact that you were lied to, so you're looking for any reason not to face reality.

Hide contents

I know ... "If you say so."

Once again I don’t think it will affect the decision of the jury. But it’s a totally legitimate criticism of the judge. Which taints the process.

2 minutes ago, Bravo said:

It was odd but he was a veteran and an expert witness not a actual witness to the crime. I'll admit that probably shouldn't of happened. Maybe prosecution can win the acquittal on appeal. lul

That expert didn’t move the needle either way. Was a waste of time.  

1 minute ago, Bravo said:

today was a complete waste. all of it. in fact, having KR on the stand was a waste.

It all comes down to the jury and the charge. Like it always does. Based on anecdotal reports and the fact that one juror was already kicked off I’m not betting on the prosecution. 

On 11/10/2021 at 7:02 PM, sheeeit said:

I certainly agree that him actually going to the riots with a gun was a stupid thing to do and certainly makes his comments look worse in hindsight.  He should not be heralded for his actions.

He didn't go "to the riots." 

He went during the day to the city where his father and grandmother live to help clean up the mess left by rioters. While cleaning up a high school, he met someone seeking help protecting their car dealership. With the naivete of a wide-eyed 17-year-old, he thought he could use a weapon to protect property and use his lifeguard training/first aid kit to help people. The riots ended up coming to him and he ended up being in way over his head. Sadly, that meant two people died. 

He's not seeking to be heralded for his actions.

But he also shouldn't be in prison -- and certainly not for the rest of his life -- because the situation escalated out of his control and by multiple witness accounts he was lucky to get out alive.

https://apnews.com/article/kyle-rittenhouse-trial-key-points-bc51f3b9dd0fe0c1289fe2161d7c3ab3 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Bravo said:

uh oh, American flag tie. Clearly dog whistle.

CNN took note.

Schroeder, the longest-serving active judge in Wisconsin's trial courts, appeared to be referring to the supply chain backlogs caused by congestion problems in California ports. But his comments were offensive and perceived as anti-Asian by some and as placing blame on Asian people for a large-scale event.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/11/us/kenosha-judge-bruce-schroeder-asian-food-comments/index.html

12 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Nope. More people who attacked the capitol should have been shot.  I was personally disgusted by the attack on our nations Capitol though. Something which had not happened since the British did it at the beginning of our nation.

Attacks on used car dealership dumpsters don’t really bother me all that much.

At least be factually accurate as you try to spread your leftist bullshit.

1983 bombing of the U.S. Capitol.
1971 bombing of the U.S. Capitol.
1954 shooting on the floor of the House of the U.S. Capitol.
1915 bombing of the U.S. Capitol.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/03/02/a-look-at-the-history-of-attacks-in-the-u-s-capitol-44-years-after-the-weather-underground-bombing/

• Fuck You 2

11 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Thx.

On January 6, 2021, on a day when representatives met to formalize the presidential election results, hundreds of rioters supporting President Donald Trump and seeking to overthrow President-Elect Joe Biden’s electoral victory pushed through police barricades and stormed the Capitol, some smashing windows to enter its halls. One woman was fatally struck by police gunfire inside the Capitol during the mayhem. At least 138 officers—73 from the Capitol Police and 65 from the Metropolitan Police Department in Washington—were injured, the departments said. 

So an average day for the left/Antifa/BLM types when they decide to have a "peaceful protest."

"All I heard was comments about how peaceful the protesters were," he said on June 7. "I didn't hear about the fact that there were 150 law enforcement officers injured, and many taken to the hospital with concussions. So, it wasn't a peaceful protest. We had to get control over Lafayette Park, and we had to do it as soon as we were able to do that."

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/verify/150-local-federal-officers-injured-during-dc-protests-verify/65-8fdaf04e-df2e-47d0-abd6-a47017a699f8

• Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, Bravo said:

didnt more cops die from an attacker with a knife at the Capitol a few months later than on Jan. 6? DISCLAIMER FOR CR FUCKS i dont think anyone shouldve broke into the Capitol.

Sure seems like you're minimizing it. 

11 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

You’re right. Defending an attack on the capitol by pointing out other terrorists have done it to. Very persuasive defense y’all got going there. 

You began this bullshit by saying Ashli Babbit deserved to die and you wanted to see more protesters killed that day. 

More people who attacked the capitol should have been shot. 

Now you're crying like Kyle Rittenhouse on the stand because people called you out on 1) the factual inaccuracy of what you posted and 2) the fact that you have defended the people involved in similar attacks on government buildings, specifically the White House and the federal courthouse in Portland, Oregon. 

Crawl back into the Cloakroom where your fellow leftists can fellate your inaccurate, partisan garbage. We're trying to discuss the Kenosha shootings here and -- given the way this trial has unfolded in direct contrast to the media portrayal -- whether or not a complete travesty of justice is going to be handed down here in the name of social justice.

9 hours ago, phdhorn said:

No big deal. 2/3 of LeBron's Tweezer followers have no idea of who Kyle Rittenhouse is, never mind what year it is or their own name.

Unfortunately, they still have access to rocks, bottles, bricks and the makings for Molotov cocktails, though, and -- to borrow a term -- this is a "dog whistle" call to arms for when the verdict goes the wrong way.

6 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

When I first heard the story that the judge acknowledged Veterans Day and had the courtroom applaud the next witness, a defense expert, for being a veteran I had no problem with it because I simply assumed that this was done outside the presence of the jury.

Then someone informed me the jury was actually present. So the judge had the jury applauding a witness right before he testified. That is unheard of and unprecedented.

If that’s true then the judge is either actively trying to get one side to win or at best, is a complete moron. Since he’s 75 I think he would know by now how to conduct a trial. When the jury is in the box it is all business. Everyone who has ever tried a case knows that. It’s why he sent the jury into the jury room before he chewed out the prosecution.

Before today I thought the judge made some wrong rulings but was generally ok, but after the stunt he pulled today I think he’s a total hack unfit for his job. I’ve noticed former lawyer and law clerk Johnny sack has yet to comment on that.

Or, you know, jurors in America just might be smart enough to appreciate someone's service to our country -- on Veterans Day of all times -- without letting it impact their perception of two weeks of testimony. 

I would certainly hate to have your myopic world view.

6 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Wow, did that really get published?  That's terrible.

It's either Exhibit A in the appeal of a guilty verdict or Exhibit A in Rittenhouse's libel trial that gets settled out of court for an unrevealed high six-figure sum that the media will spin as "probably a few thousand dollars just to make it go away."

1 hour ago, Bravo said:

there is no way all 12 will convict on any murder charge. at best mistrial. then it wont ever be tried again.

I'm afraid you underestimated the fear and laziness of people who live in this community. They've already seen it burn once (well, four times) and they know if they acquit him it will burn again. To (unjustly) throw one kid in prison for the rest of his life in order to prevent that kind of violence is a very feasible outcome, and why the trial should have been held somewhere else.

So I haven’t been following this in great detail, but I gather that this kid is going to be acquitted, and anointed a right-wing hero, with MAGA Marjorie Taylor Greene-wannabes lining up to bang him, all because he left his mom’s basement one evening with an automatic rifle to go play Army guy in some shit Wisconsin town.

What else am I missing?

• Fuck You 2

10 minutes ago, South Austin said:

So I haven’t been following this in great detail, but I gather that this kid is going to be acquitted, and anointed a right-wing hero, with MAGA Marjorie Taylor Greene-wannabes lining up to bang him, all because he left his mom’s basement one evening with an automatic rifle to go play Army guy in some shit Wisconsin town.

What else am I missing?

Your brain.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

18 minutes ago, South Austin said:

What else am I missing?

Pretty much wraps it up.  Add to it that the kid is a cry baby and you're completely caught up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, South Austin said:

What else am I missing?

That’s the cloak room fantasy, not reality. 

What you missed was a cut and dry self defense case with plenty of video to confirm being tried as murder for political purposes. You also missed the prosecution make fools of themselves because they had no evidence, only feelings and it showed. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, ChickenSandwich said:

What you missed was a cut and dry self defense case with plenty of video to confirm being tried as murder for political purposes. You also missed the prosecution make fools of themselves because they had no evidence, only feelings and it showed. 

Read my post. I said he’s getting acquitted.

20 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Yay! One for the good guys amirite?

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

what does good or bad have to do anything with it?

a guy who got attack defended himself, and for that he should rightfully be acquitted.

now if you DO want to inject personal character into it, feel free to compare the dossier of the 4 persons involved in the trial.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Once again I don’t think it will affect the decision of the jury. But it’s a totally legitimate criticism of the judge. Which taints the process.

Since you didn't watch, the judge took a moment before any proceedings to ask all veterans to stand and be recognized.  The same thing happened in thousands of courtrooms yesterday.

• Hook 'Em 2

Every single poster on this thread that you perceive to be “defending” him has said he should not have been there. Put aside your team bullshit for one goddamn second and look at something objectively during that time. Try it. You may actually enjoy it.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

What else am I missing?

A rudimentary knowledge of firearms. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck You 1

What else am I missing?

Not quite. It was one of them full semi-auto ghost guns with a full clip.

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

What else am I missing?

Honest reply because you are one of my favorite posters on The Surl:

He's no right wing hero. He's a symptom of a larger issue that the right has--selective prosecution. There's no way, in normal circumstances, anyone would know this kid's name because he would have been charged with minimal charges, pled out and served his time/paid the fine. But the fact that Corporate Media stoked the fires, and even had the current president chimed in on his "guilt", did the DA make this a murder charge. Your a lawyer, you know this is bullshit. Hell, Binger even alluded to it yesterday in one of his objections. His case hinges on politics. The right is/was frustrated watching places like Kenosha burn while the police were directed to stand by. It's selective and we should all be pissed when The State brings is weight against a citizen for political reasons. 

• Hook 'Em 8

2 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Honest reply because you are one of my favorite posters on The Surl:

He's no right wing hero. He's a symptom of a larger issue that the right has--selective prosecution. There's no way, in normal circumstances, anyone would know this kid's name because he would have been charged with minimal charges, pled out and served his time/paid the fine. But the fact that Corporate Media stoked the fires, and even had the current president chimed in on his "guilt", did the DA make this a murder charge. Your a lawyer, you know this is bullshit. Hell, Binger even alluded to it yesterday in one of his objections. His case hinges on politics. The right is/was frustrated watching places like Kenosha burn while the police were directed to stand by. It's selective and we should all be pissed when The State brings is weight against a citizen for political reasons. 

I agree with all of this, except he is a right-wing hero, just like all the other dipshits who stormed the Capitol.

• Hook 'Em 1