Texas v. New Orleans Weekend Series Thread

sidis

2 minutes ago, sidis said:

Good win but definitely got a big break on the second out in the 9th. That ball was foul and it never hit him. 

Hook’em Horns. 

Runner never complained and the head coach didn't come out to argue, so I'm guessing it did hit him. 

Edited by Mo Horn

44 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

So is Shugart our ace now?

Last 3 starts: 

Baylor- 7 IP and 0 earned runs

OU-5 IP and 1 earned run. 

UNO-7.2 IP and 1 earned run. 

Probably time people stop making fun of Shugart. He's probably our best starter right now. 

Edited by texasstrong12

Yea I just got home still drunk watching highlights. What's it to you?

If I haven't said so already, Keith and Greg (AND ONLY Keith and Greg) in the booth is so much better than Lowell involved in any baseball broadcasts.  I'm sorry but it's true.

Nothing will top Craig and Keith in the booth on radio, though.  Brings back a lot of Omaha memories remembering their calls.

Edited by X-Wing @Aliciousness
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Armypilot said:

You mean exposing 

Not quite sure what you mean.  I just mean in the past and for many years, pitching has been the least of our worries and we could count on a couple of good starts before things got weird when we got out of rotation on a tournament schedule.

It's going to be weird and scary from Game 1 of the regional.

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

Not quite sure what you mean.  I just mean in the past and for many years, pitching has been the least of our worries and we could count on a couple of good starts before things got weird when we got out of rotation on a tournament schedule.

It's going to be weird and scary from Game 1 of the regional.

I mean with not much depth we could get exposed.  But then again they might go on a run 

9 minutes ago, Armypilot said:

I mean with not much depth we could get exposed.  But then again they might go on a run 

Oh yeah.  Not sure it's a great exposure.  Just kind of switch from the usual weak hitting/strong pitching and I assume the baseball world knows what's up.

And It strikes me that a run, like 2014, is more sustainable or even possible with good pitching.  Seems much rarer to all of the sudden get strong performances from a bunch of spotty pitchers than for some weak hitters to go on a tear.  And in 2014, if memory serves, no one really went on a full blown tear, we just got some timely hits from people in low-scoring games (because of, again, pitching).

Edited by TwiceHorn