The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

17 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Between the "Mueller Witch Hunt with 13 angry democrats" nonsense and the never ending GOP bad faith shitshow, it's a reminder of why Mueller brilliantly farmed out the majority of his prosecutions to multiple other jurisdictions.  This was so predictable, so Mueller acted accordingly.

Go back and read Barr's letter.  Barr doesn't quantify how many cases spun off from the Mueller investigation and were passed on, but they're all out there, and they represent far too many wheels in motion to be stopped.

Best case is that Congress gets Mueller's report and SDNY, EDNY, EDVA, DC USA, etc start corroborating a public viewing of the Mueller report with multiple DOJ district perp walks.  

Yeah, I’m lukewarm on Rod Rosenstein’s and Mueller’s performance until I hear from them.  They both had to see this Barr shit coming and just put their hands in their pockets so Barr could politicize/weaponize the investigation.  It doesn’t bode well for the public’s faith in the rule of law or transparency in our institutions.  Not that their was much to begin with but it would have been better if the public could see more facts instead of spin and judgement from a political appointee.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

7 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Well you have two "paths", Legal and Political. Mueller seems to be clear that the legal aspect was not met, but he's enough of a "Washington guy" to know that the ultimate "punishment" will be the political ramifications. Ultimately, the voters have the final say.

That's why I don't strictly mind that Comey didn't press Hilary harder on the private email server.  Hopefully the voters will tell them to start treating the Ds and Rs the same way.

1 minute ago, notre dame joe said:

That's why I don't strictly mind that Comey didn't press Hilary harder on the private email server.  Hopefully the voters will tell them to start treating the Ds and Rs the same way.

The public did need an explanation on the closing of the Hillary investigation from a nonpartisan person of authority.  Loretta Lynch doing it would have been seen like what Barr did in this case.  It wouldn’t have passed the smell test (muh tarmac meeting).

Comey went against DOJ policy which was wrong but DOJ policy needs to be changed in cases of high public interest. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I've disliked the guy for a long time, so I managed to mostly ignore him until after the primary, and then still tried pretty hard.  Maybe it's just less diluted now.

I heard someone say, "I just wish I could go back to disregarding his comments as meaningless drivel from a nobody."  That is my sentiment as well.

But as to the level of crazy, we've seen nothing.  He's going to feel turbo-boosted now.  

But dare I say it, if he's re-elected, we'll see the real crazy.  What do you think he's capable of if he knows he really doesn't need to listen to anyone because he can't be re-elected and all bets are off?  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, retread said:

Trying to blow up Obamacare is a pretty good start. If he gets re-elected and the Rs hold the Senate, the country will never recover.

Where are the Ds with Obamacare nowadays?  Is it a success?  A necessary bridge to socialized medicine?  something else...

49 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah, I’m lukewarm on Rod Rosenstein’s and Mueller’s performance until I hear from them.  They both had to see this Barr shit coming and just put their hands in their pockets so Barr could politicize/weaponize the investigation.  It doesn’t bode well for the public’s faith in the rule of law or transparency in our institutions.  Not that their was much to begin with but it would have been better if the public could see more facts instead of spin and judgement from a political appointee.

Surprised.

I'm feeling oddly optimistic right now.

19 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah, how come we don’t know how many pages the Mueller report is?   

The “we don’t even know how many pages are in the report” talking point is the weakest one yet. 

(Lawrence O’Donnell droned on for about 5 minutes on MSNBC last night)

1 minute ago, Auto Driller said:

The “we don’t even know how many pages are in the report” talking point is the weakest one yet. 

(Lawrence O’Donnell droned on for about 5 minutes on MSNBC last night)

It’s a weak talking point but it goes to the larger argument that we still don’t know shit about what is in the report.

Wait no, we do know there is evidence of obstruction of justice in the report. 

4 hours ago, retread said:

Nixon would have been impeached just on the facts that are publicly available.

so would any Democrat.  Today, the Dems would have booted them without a trial.  

Edited by Mdhorn

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s a big problem I have with the democrats.  They think they’re playing 3-D chess and never realize their opponent is a cold blooded psychopathic killer that doesn’t acknowledge “rules”.   The democrats overthinking shit is a big reason Trump won IMO.

Obama and Biden not putting Russia’s shit on blast during the election is a great example of them getting bullied into a corner by Trump and the Republicans.  Trump running around saying everything was rigged and the Russia stuff was fake went completely unchallenged by the White House.   Hillary was left to fend for herself against Putin and Trump which made her look like a nutty conspiracy theorist.  

Sometimes the democrats need to say “fuck the bullshit” and go hard to the paint on the obstacle standing right in front of them when they’re morally obligated.

pretty much force their hand--yeah, it's not going through the Senate.  But make them put their names to it and stick it to them every chance given.  But to totally let them off the hook is a huge hill of dumb.  They either care about it or it's just political theater and empty.  

4 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

you would do well on the current poli board on Shaggy. You and the moderator seem simpatico, intelligence and political persuasion wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never have I been more proud of the libs on this board--when the despot's fake exoneration hit the fan, the trolls dumped over in hot steaming fashion.  And ya'll cleared them.  Hell the circumstantial bullshit encircling the handling of the report so far would have cleared them out but they're too stupid to acknowledge it, which is what trolls do.  They troll.  Congrats guys, you won the week and will continue winning as long as we get smoke screens and lies from the right.  We're not going to get a redacted version, just a corrected/doctored one or maybe both.  I've seen it all now.  

I only wish the Dems actually saw this as something as serious as life (republic--because it will only get worse) or death rather than gamesmanship.  But most of them are rich so its moot.  They get another tax cut, insider trading and healthcare and we get what we can afford.  Even when they lose, they get the Paul Ryan special where they can make more lobbying for several special interest groups.  Guess that about sums it up.  I'd hope Nancy could use her experience but what is her motivation?  She's paid well and old.  It's all a game where win or lose, they still come out ahead.  

17 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Never have I been more proud of the libs on this board--when the despot's fake exoneration hit the fan, the trolls dumped over in hot steaming fashion.  And ya'll cleared them.  Hell the circumstantial bullshit encircling the handling of the report so far would have cleared them out but they're too stupid to acknowledge it, which is what trolls do.  They troll.  Congrats guys, you won the week and will continue winning as long as we get smoke screens and lies from the right.  We're not going to get a redacted version, just a corrected/doctored one or maybe both.  I've seen it all now.  

I only wish the Dems actually saw this as something as serious as life (republic--because it will only get worse) or death rather than gamesmanship.  But most of them are rich so its moot.  They get another tax cut, insider trading and healthcare and we get what we can afford.  Even when they lose, they get the Paul Ryan special where they can make more lobbying for several special interest groups.  Guess that about sums it up.  I'd hope Nancy could use her experience but what is her motivation?  She's paid well and old.  It's all a game where win or lose, they still come out ahead.  

Lulz...

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s fucking hilarious to read an Obama shill accuse a government official of “weaponizing” anything.

The lack of self awareness is breathtaking.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

I understand. Before she passed I liked drinking with my grandma.  She had awesome stories about flying a crop duster in Kansas during the 40's. 

Drunk grandma stories are the best stories. They make shit up anyway and when they get drunk, whoo boy,  who knows what’s coming next. Plenty of stories about grandpa fo sho. 

My grandpa used to get pissed cause granny would tell me to water down his gin and tonic when we were hanging out at the coast.  He was diabetic, didn't really need to be hitting it too hard. But wasn't having it.  "What the hell is this shit Anastasis, get back in there and put some booze in it."

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

My grandpa used to get pissed cause granny would tell me to water down his gin and tonic when we were hanging out at the coast.  He was diabetic, didn't really need to be hitting it too hard. But wasn't having it.  "What the hell is this shit Anastasis, get back in there and put some booze in it."

You must have grown up in the 70’s or early 80’s. Fixing your older relatives or parents a stiff drink was basically your job at any family get together back then.

Can’t say I’ve ever asked my kids to fix me a drink or even grab me a beer from the fridge. 

There’s probably something wrong with that.

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

You must have grown up in the 70’s or early 80’s. Fixing your older relatives or parents a stiff drink was basically your job at any family get together back then.

Can’t say I’ve ever asked my kids to fix me a drink or even grab me a beer from the fridge. 

There’s probably something wrong with that.

You're doing it wrong.  By 8 my daughter could make a fine margarita with a Grand Marnier floater.