The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

15 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Let’s all get back to how the Hillary Clinton sponsor dossier helped her win the last election. 

Oh wait it didn’t? Well hopefully if I keep on posting about it people might think the dossier matters. 

Because that’s my grail. 

Imagine going to law school, graduating, and moving in to practice somewhere and being so fucking stupid that you don't even understand basic legal concepts and have to have them explained to you by somebody who thinks about this shit in their spare time for entertainment.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Imagine going to law school, graduating, and moving in to practice somewhere and being so fucking stupid that you don't even understand basic legal concepts and have to have them explained to you by somebody who thinks about this shit in their spare time for entertainment.

Imagine being a worthless troll. 

I forgot the rest. 

I'm outta my free WP's reads for the month, but did you just bump the Mueller investigation thread to point out a reporter reported on an alleged pee tape and he's very sorry for it?

I'm not sure my definition of "bottomless well" and yours match, because if you're posting what I think you're posting, that's just about what I would define as a textbook example of bottom.

I think you've hit the bottom. You have found the dead end. You have discovered the cul-de-sac. You've conceded how inconsequential your fever dream Jolly dancing endzone spikes are in regards to a fascist fuck ton of Trump associates going to prison, yet still go to town on that bone like there's meat on it and it's the pinnacle of malfeasance in a landscape wiped of landmarks.

Gold star for you. Have a goddamn cookie already.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

I'm outta my free WP's reads for the month, but did you just bump the Mueller investigation thread to point out a reporter reported on an alleged pee tape and he's very sorry for it?

I'm not sure my definition of "bottomless well" and yours match, because if you're posting what I think you're posting, that's just about what I would define as a textbook example of bottom.

I bumped to add a link to the 7th article in a WaPo series related to media handling of the Steele dossier, which played a pretty pivotal role in the Crossfire Hurricane investigation, which evolved into the Mueller investigation. Some people might be interested in reading, others maybe not. Sorry that you are already out of your allotment of free articles on the first day of the new decade.

But yes, you are completely missing the point of that article and the series. That particular article touches on a few points, and discusses the NYT's decision to emphasize certain aspects of the IG report (e.g. findings regarding the lack of testimonial or documentary evidence related to political bias) over other aspects (the gross misconduct related to surveillance warrants). I think that the interview with Goldman is interesting.  If you will recall, back in July, when more than a few posters here were calling me out and linking Natasha Bertrand and Reuters reports that the IG found Steele to be "credible", Goldman and Savage in the NYT were pushing a much more constrained perspective based on their sourcing.  This after their earlier reporting in April post Mueller report where they broke down takes on the Dossier into basically two camps, a "game of telephone" based on hearsay and Russian disinformation. The interview provides some insights into why they angled their reporting as they did. You can also get a good sense as to the various sources engaging the different media outlets/reporters and how they use the media as puppets to shape narrative.

Given what we know today, it is interesting to go back and read some of the various reporting, and to talk to some of the individuals who were pushing wildly different perspectives, ranging from Maddow to Goldman/Savage and many in between. This is the point of the series. Sorry if that hurts your feels. I'm going to keep posting them here and anything else I feel is interesting or relevant. And some gifs along the way when moved by the spirit. 

On 12/22/2019 at 4:42 PM, Anastasis said:

I don't think that the FBI's grave errors in deploying FISA surveillance against a US citizen associated with a US political campaign on the basis of uncorroborated political opposition research, sourced from Russians, packaged up by a foreign spook, has much bearing on Mueller's conclusion 

I don't think that the FBI's grave errors in deploying FISA surveillance against a US citizen associated with a US political campaign on the basis of uncorroborated political opposition research, sourced from Russians, packaged up by a foreign spook, has much bearing on Mueller's conclusion that ultimately, the investigation did not establish that the Campaign coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities. Nor do I think that the FBI's actions have any basis on the obvious, but unstated, conclusion regarding the President's obstruction of justice.  

Go ahead and quote the whole thing. 

I don't think that the FBI's grave errors in deploying FISA surveillance against a US citizen associated with a US political campaign on the basis of uncorroborated political opposition research, sourced from Russians, packaged up by a foreign spook, has much bearing on Mueller's conclusion that ultimately, the investigation did not establish that the Campaign coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities. Nor do I think that the FBI's actions have any basis on the obvious, but unstated, conclusion regarding the President's obstruction of justice.  

And?

And maybe this part too...

On 12/22/2019 at 7:42 PM, Anastasis said:

Secondly, you are doing a sleight of hand thing with what I said regarding the Mueller report.  I said that these issues have no impact on the conclusions of the Mueller report. It is, on the other hand, completely in scope and a consequential topic related to the arc of the Mueller investigation, which is in fact the evolution of the Crossfire Hurricane investigation. There was significant misfeasance involved in the early days of the investigation, and continuing deep into 2017. There is no longer much room on the other side of the debate on that topic.  You want to decouple them only because these realities lead naturally to some conclusions that you would rather not grapple with. 

5 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Since it’s a new year shouldn’t this thread title be changed to “the Anastasis safe space thread sponsored by the Carter Page defense fund?” Seems to fit better.

And there was noooooo 

bottom. 

That's funny.  Since it is pretty clear to most readers which posters need and seek out a safe space, absent the frustration of critical perspectives.  A place where you can call lies truth, and people who tell you truths liars, without anybody being held to account.  

Edited by Anastasis

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

What is, deflection, Alex?

It’s a place where you can call lies the truth and people who tell you the truth are liars. 

This is the Robert mueller investigation  thread after all. A place where obvious obstruction of justice by the president of the United States is completely ignored by certain posters in favor of the calamity that befell one patriot known simply as Carter page.

Would that not fit neatly into your definition of “deflection?” 

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

This is the Robert mueller investigation  thread after all. A place where obvious obstruction of justice by the president of the United States is completely ignored by certain posters in favor of the calamity that befell one patriot known simply as Carter page.

If you are referring to me you are being dishonest and you know it.  Or maybe you don't, and it is just another example of intellectual deficit. I have stated numerous times that Vol 2 of the Mueller report clearly establishes obstruction of justice, and that Trump should have been impeached and removed from office based on the findings. But keep lying and acting like nobody else here actually pays attention. 

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

If you are referring to me you are being dishonest and you know it.  Or maybe you don't, and it is just another example of intellectual deficit. I have stated numerous times that Vol 2 of the Mueller report clearly establishes obstruction of justice, and that Trump should have been impeached and removed from office based on the findings. But keep lying and acting like nobody else here actually pays attention. 

Believe it or not I don’t read everything you post. You probably did say that at one point and now that you mention it, I kind of vaguely remember that. 

You never seem to focus any real attention on that though, instead spending much time on a minor subplot on the much larger stage. 

I think we can all clearly see what your current focus is. Sorry I think it’s stupid bullshit, but obviously you can post about whatever you feel like. 

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I am not sure how much you read or not, but I am fairly certain that you comprehend very little of the perspective contained in those posts.   

Continually calling me stupid isn’t helping you, nor is it hurting my feelings, quite the opposite actually. It makes you look small. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

Continually calling me stupid isn’t helping you, nor is it hurting my feelings, quite the opposite actually. It makes you look small. 

Uh, you're the one who called me out with your safe space comment, dipshit.  Sorry if you don't like how that played out. Maybe help me out and say fewer stupid things. But in all fairness, I did offer two outs.  One, just straight up dishonesty, the other being an intellectual deficit. I'm kinda marking it a coin flip to be honest. 

4 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Be nice.

Yep. It’s a new year and the Horns won. I’m heading to the bar in this mediocre San Antonio hotel to hopefully watch Baylor get their ass kicked. Or if the don’t, oh well. It’s all good man. Happy New Years. 

13 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Uh, you're the one who called me out with your safe space comment, dipshit.  Sorry if you don't like how that played out. Maybe help me out and say fewer stupid things. But in all fairness, I did offer two outs.  One, just straight up dishonesty, the other being an intellectual deficit. I'm kinda marking it a coin flip to be honest. 

That was a joke. Admittedly maybe not a very good one.  Chillax. Happy new year. 

10 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Yep. It’s a new year and the Horns won. I’m heading to the bar in this mediocre San Antonio hotel to hopefully watch Baylor get their ass kicked. Or if the don’t, oh well. It’s all good man. Happy New Years. 

Damn you were at the Alamo Bowl too?  We coulda hung out. Maybe next time. 

"The Report" - a film starring Adam Driver regarding the Senate investigation into the CIA's torture program is not helpful to John Brennan, at all. Brennan is played by Ted Levine ("Buffalo Bill" (serial killer) from the Silence of the Lambs), who is even more terrifying in the film produced by Steven Soderbergh.

The current CIA Director, Mueller and even Durham played a role in that matter. 

A different affair but consistent with how the IC works to fulfill its mission. It is not kind to Zero Dark Thirty. 

• Like 1

And recall that nugget about Trump’s personal attorney, Michael Cohen, having only two other clients - Republican fundraiser Elliott Broidy and...Sean Hannity.  

Broidy was involved in Cohen’s campaign finance felony for Trump to bribe women for their silence.  That makes two close Trump felons with Hannity oddly in the middle.

And recall that nugget about Trump’s personal attorney, Michael Cohen, having only two other clients - Republican fundraiser Elliott Broidy and...Sean Hannity.  

Broidy was involved in Cohen’s campaign finance felony for Trump to bribe women for their silence.  That makes two close Trump felons with Hannity oddly in the middle.

Tell me more about FISA application abuse.
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

"The Report" - a film starring Adam Driver regarding the Senate investigation into the CIA's torture program is not helpful to John Brennan, at all. Brennan is played by Ted Levine ("Buffalo Bill" (serial killer) from the Silence of the Lambs), who is even more terrifying in the film produced by Steven Soderbergh.

The current CIA Director, Mueller and even Durham played a role in that matter. 

A different affair but consistent with how the IC works to fulfill its mission. It is not kind to Zero Dark Thirty. 

Watched it tonight. Didn’t previously appreciate how deep Haspel was in all that shit. 

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Watched it tonight. Didn’t previously appreciate how deep Haspel was in all that shit. 

I know she had a come to jesus moment after, but she (and Durham) stuck by the Agency decision. Legal was knee deep in that decision. Durham is facing a similar situation here. If the allegations are true here, we have a larger problem of control and I am sure Durham (as did the FISA Court) will require better controls. Not telling the President for years that we were conducting torture is horrible. If a cell was working against domestic election results with the IC having some knowledge and perhaps participation, then we have an earthquake. 

I take it Haspel now has the situation under control. She understands what unlimited power and funding means in a democracy. 2016 needed more oversight - and probably Congressional and Court approval. It is a nasty stain on the transition. 

There is no way Brennan should get his security clearance back. Probably not Hayden either.