Need a car radio

Nonbryan

In Austin.....I have a classic car and the radio went out on me.  What is the place to go buy a new car radio and have it installed in Austin?  Is this just a Best Buy kind of thing?  Anyone know a guy?  Thanks!

If you have the original radio, there are places that upgrade in inner workings. I have a stock AM that I'm going to have converted to AM/FM with a USB port and Bluetooth.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Check the Classic Car thread, there is talk about upgraded Mustang radios in the original chassis.

Modern car stereo with the DIN and Double-DIN standard have become fairly standard to replace/install, so car stereo shop dolts can do it with ease, generally speaking.

A classic car isn't going to follow those standards and is likely to have all kinds of weirdness in it where you are probably better off doing something with classic car "people."

If you want the absolute best install - no shitty "butt edge" or clipped connectors, I have a guy that has done installs for a couple of Shaggers.  Lives in San Marcos, works outside his house with a pop up canopy.

Does competition level work, but also prices right for whatever you want.  You buy from anywhere (Crutchfield suggested) & he installs.  Did a job for @Steel Shank, he can attest.

Send me a PM if interested; I don't know for sure if he wants his info floating around.

image.png.0bfc1d5e66a422f629a129f2cc351e20.png

This is an iPod controller that he made himself; did all the center console work & I don't really know what the dial & switch does.

image.png.b7bd1dd16af2013f48f50879d87a923b.png

image.png.02526ec57bbe85dc6327380a86d0babd.png

image.png.f89f20afcddea737e773bc1bb6022b3c.png

Installing his sound deadener of choice for his own ride, Second Skin.

image.png.ab9c31a18053e11b9364a1055fb1fcea.png

Since he is a solo operation, his overhead is a lot less than any audio shop you can find & his work is flawless.  Like, Franklin Q attention to detail flawless.

• Hook 'Em 1