Utah State fires Gary Anderson

texifornia

8 minutes ago, SDG said:

Texas and Michigan are on deck.  My guess is that Michigan pulls the trigger first.  

Last I checked, Texas was winning their game. 

Meanwhile ASU just went up two scores on USC. 

Edit: Oh, I see it's all tied up in Austin now. Still, let's see what happens. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

Really weird.  The AD did not want to hire Andersen, but there is basically one BMD in logan when it comes to football and Gary was his guy.  Surprised the leash was this short but they have looked terrible and Andersen is not the same guy he was in his first stint in Logan.  I think he had a mental break at oregon state or something.  Just has no passion.  A good friend is (was?) on staff and I talked to him after their game thursday.  Said it is just a shit show.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pops said:

Really weird.  The AD did not want to hire Andersen, but there is basically one BMD in logan when it comes to football and Gary was his guy.  Surprised the leash was this short but they have looked terrible and Andersen is not the same guy he was in his first stint in Logan.  I think he had a mental break at oregon state or something.  Just has no passion.  A good friend is (was?) on staff and I talked to him after their game thursday.  Said it is just a shit show.

It really does feel like that. Seemed like a good coach who loved his players and then just totally lost his passion for the game.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

…Before he disappears from the public, there are some things that should be said. Here’s what he will not say publicly and that very few know about Andersen’s departure from Utah State. It deserves its own paragraph …
He has refused to be paid the balance of his contract.
He told the school that wasn’t his style; don’t bother paying him what he is owed. He had three years left on his contract when he was fired in November 2020, at $900,000 per year.

Unique guy. He did the exact same thing at Oregon State. Before that he left Wisconsin after two solid years. Just didn't like it there.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3288197/coach-gary-anderson-turned-down-the-dollar2.7-million-utah-state-owed-to-him-said-no-thank-you.-to-2.7-million-dollars-because-he-didnt-think-he-earned-it.

• Hook 'Em 1