Shaggy fantasy hoops 2021

shadow_operative

10 minutes ago, BallamaticBevo said:

Early Bird gets the worm, missed out on Randle.

Will Ferrell Movie GIF by filmeditor

Jk. If you could maybe leave some guys on the bench this weekend so I don't get 10-2ed again that'd be great. 

And holy shit the avaliable players right now is a ghostland. Glad we didn't go to 5 IR. 

1 hour ago, BallamaticBevo said:

I almost shit my pants when Rex 12-0 skunked derks last week. I don't think I've ever seen Derka get blanked. Some crazy weeks with the Vid stormin

I saw that and I was like... wtf? Did Derka die and not set his lineups?

The vid on top of my injuries this year is just fucking me up the ass. I've now lost Sexton and Rubio both for the season and D Rose is out for like 2 months. And my team was kind of built on guard play and around hard punting FG% and turnovers. Now I'm just a mish mash of rotation scrubs without an identity. I'm gonna need Randle to average like 30/10/5 down the stretch. 

So Bradley Beal gets upgraded from out to playing tonight at fucking 4:25 pm and now he's sitting in my IR having one of his best games of the season. 
God this shit is maddening.

One of the reasons that I had to get out! Happens too often with guys in and out.

16 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

2021 in a nutshell:

yesterday: Julius Randle is traded for Jonas Valanciunas

today: Julius Randle and Jonas Valanciunas both hit the covid list

Hahaha I was going to give you shit for trading me Randle right before he hit health and safety but figured what's the point. I guess the universal karma balanced itself. 

What a doozy this year has been. 

Please tell me I'm not the only one leaving multiple games on the IR because guys go from out to playing the day of if not right before games start. 

Jesus fuck I'm so over this fucking season. I don't have time to check my fucking fantasy team every hour every day of the week.

Rant over. (not really)

Literally in a week's time I've left these games on IR:

Beal - 29/10 dimes/6/1

Randle - 30/16 boards/4/1

Both on great shooting. Both times I had set my lineup the day of. The Beal game I had checked it that afternoon. 

I'm losing it - guys.

Edited by ztejas

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2022 at 6:10 PM, shadow_operative said:

it is absolutely retarded that i can't insert Sabonis into the lineup tonight. it was just announced that he's probable for tonight, so i activate him, and yet i can't play him until tomorrow, even though none of my teams games has started yet. 

Yeah this year has been such a bitch when it comes to vacillating injury statuses. That rule never fails to piss me off a couple times when I'm trying to make a couple changes at like 12:09 on a Sunday and a game has already tipped so all of your add/drops get pushed to Monday. 

@RexWilson would you still be interested in shipping KD? 

what the hell is up with the NBA schedule? this will be the third week this year where i just can't compete from a number standpoint. 

my monday lineup:

6288E941-F744-4D77-9F4E-AB056D79C50C.thumb.jpeg.a47b55f0449fb74a11b5ee769b749445.jpeg

my opponent's monday lineup:

6CBE0473-779D-4F0D-B30D-68AB2CFE04B9.thumb.jpeg.e0688e37c1dd2221cae6273c0797dbb8.jpeg

the result:

58B9ED96-23BA-4976-9CB0-FA18B1D0D865.thumb.jpeg.b7c8c8aea8ad9cdb9cba0fbbedb42fe4.jpeg

today i have one more player than my opponent. that's it for the entire week. every other day this week my opponent either has an equal number or more players than I do. never before this year have i experienced this where i go into a week just going, "welp, nothing i can do to avoid this ass kicking." very frustrating.

200.gif

The Ben Simmons Lottery Game. I'm dead set on trading this Lamar Odomesque POS today before the deadline. Let's roll the dice fellas and take a gamble. Send me your best and final offers for your chance at the BS Loto. Does he play this year or is he just a great keeper option for next year? We'll find out! 

Guess I’m the big winner! Well maybe not with this clowndick

35 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Randle is crushing it. He's going to be awesome on the bench for me when everyone else is in the playoffs.

@shadow_operative

one of several shitty trades i've made this year. i was trading you Randle as a keeper, ipso facto im supposed to trade him for an absolute haul, not straight up for a guy who is slightly below him. still, that's nothing compared to what i gave larry. whenever i send out 15 offers and nobody responds or counters, i eventually get drunk one night and send out a bunch of offers that i know someone will take. the offer i have larry was pretty much indefensible. i blame all of you trade prudes who refuse to respond or counter. 

with that being said, let make another trade! surely i have another keeper i can give you for someone who can help me salvage this season. Garland, Nurkic, Sabonis, D Mitchell, and Barton are all good - great keepers. holler at your boy. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

one of several shitty trades i've made this year. i was trading you Randle as a keeper, ipso facto im supposed to trade him for an absolute haul, not straight up for a guy who is slightly below him. still, that's nothing compared to what i gave larry. whenever i send out 15 offers and nobody responds or counters, i eventually get drunk one night and send out a bunch of offers that i know someone will take. the offer i have larry was pretty much indefensible. i blame all of you trade prudes who refuse to respond or counter. 

with that being said, let make another trade! surely i have another keeper i can give you for someone who can help me salvage this season. Garland, Nurkic, Sabonis, D Mitchell, and Barton are all good - great keepers. holler at your boy. 

I thought Randle for JoVal was very 50/50 as I assumed Randle would pick it up from then on out. I had no intentions of keeping him but it could have swung either way.

At least you're in contention. I'm 0/2 in this league. Granted Ant as a 10th round pick next year is going to be nice. 

17 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I thought Randle for JoVal was very 50/50 as I assumed Randle would pick it up from then on out. I had no intentions of keeping him but it could have swung either way.

At least you're in contention. I'm 0/2 in this league. Granted Ant as a 10th round pick next year is going to be nice. 

the trade is 50/50 plauer for plauer, except that Randle is a keeper, and JoVal isn't. i'm gonna keep Garland (as it stands) in round 7 over JoVal in the 3rd. Randle in the 5th is a great keeper. 

8 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

the trade is 50/50 plauer for plauer, except that Randle is a keeper, and JoVal isn't. i'm gonna keep Garland (as it stands) in round 7 over JoVal in the 3rd. Randle in the 5th is a great keeper. 

I get Randle in the 4th if I want him. That's very touch and go. We'll see. 

I have not been engaged in any trades and I usually see them after the person has already pulled them back. I apologize. I like my team but have been waiting for everyone to get healthy and I think I will finally have that coming out of the AS break so I haven't tried to break things up. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

A)what are the playoff matchups?

B)round 1 is a one week matchup, yes?

Me vs you round 1. Based off the # of drop/adds allowed (14) I guess 2 weeks.

In the past years, non playoff teams were no longer allowed to drop/add. We sticking with that?

5 hours ago, RexWilson said:

Me vs you round 1. Based off the # of drop/adds allowed (14) I guess 2 weeks.

In the past years, non playoff teams were no longer allowed to drop/add. We sticking with that?

you're risk free, right? you and another team have a first round bye. i think @BigOrange1 has to manually set up the playoff rounds.