Dallas Stars 2020-2021 season thread

Longboard Horn

22 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

That 12 OT is killer. Feeling pretty decent about +13 on goals. Not bad for being a bunch of kids and some old men, err umm seasoned veterans.

Eh, I feel worse for Nashville.  The NHL point policy is the worst thing in all of sports.  We've played 43 games and have won 17.  That says we suck.  Nashville has won 24 of 46.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Eh, I feel worse for Nashville.  The NHL point policy is the worst thing in all of sports.  We've played 43 games and have won 17.  That says we suck.  Nashville has won 24 of 46.

yeah, the NHL needs to adopt the 3-point game like 10 seasons ago. This manufactured point bullshit is well, bullshit.

anyway, keep winning and we won't have to worry about it. IF we can somehow angle ourselves into a playoff spot, I like our chances going forward. Getting Segs and Kivi back should help, but we finally have a lineup that seems to be clicking. Of course, we'll see how we fare against the teams ahead of us that we can't catch. Only 3/13 of our remaining games are against teams we're vying for a spot against. Have a good showing against Det this week and it will go a long way to securing a spot in the playoffs. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 3/29/2021 at 2:44 PM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

No, I think we'll go 13-7-4. I always show my work when asked. Here are my predictions for the remaining games (current record in parentheses):
TBL: 1-1-1 (1-3-1)

CAR: 1-2-1 (0-2-2)

FLA: 1-1-1 (1-3-1)

NSH: 3-1-0 (2-0-2)

CHI: 2-1-1 (1-1-2)

CBS: 2-0-0 (3-2-1)

DET: 3-1-0 (3-1-0)

Only off a little so far. Below is our record since my post and in parentheses is what we'll have to do to get close to my prediction:

TBL: 0-0-0 (1-1-1)

CAR: 1-1-0 (0-0-2)

FLA: 1-0-1 (0-1-0)

NSH: 1-0-2 (1-0-0)

CHI: 1-1-0 (1-1-0)

CBS: 2-0-0 (0-0-0) <-- we're done here

DET: 0-0-0 (3-1-0)

That would put us at 23-18-15, which I think will be enough to get us there. We'll see.

• Hook 'Em 1