Autopsy on Capitol Hill Police Failings

Firemans4Horn

I'm honestly amazed that there isn't more of a crowd control system baked into the building's exterior like the WH.  Some lock boxes on the roof full of tear gas launchers would have nipped this in the bud.  How a highly defensible building with a lot of open terrain to cross got breached is hard to explain beyond gross incompetence or someone being complicit.  

I can’t get my head around that. Where the woman got shot, they used desks to barricade old doors that had windows. What the fuck. 19 years after 911 and that’s the plan?

5 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I can’t get my head around that. Where the woman got shot, they used desks to barricade old doors that had windows. What the fuck. 19 years after 911 and that’s the plan?

Yea, if you’re going to have an unsecure interior, the exterior plan better be fucking nails. Some of the exterior doors had some pretty significant protection (metals doors, bulletproof glass), but who fucking cares if someone can just walk up to a window a couple feet away and bust through it with whatever is laying around. They should at least have some remote blast doors in some non public areas that they can rally to and protect the members. 

1 hour ago, Tuco said:

Yeah the Capitol needs a security makeover. Purge the Capitol Police Department of sympathizers, new CP leadership and a lot of security upgrades. 

If this happened at the White House, there’d be a ten foot wall around it, patrolled by Robocops 

I do not want us to militarize the Capitol anymore than it already is. I hate it.

We ABSOLUTELY need to investigate the leadership and purge it of people who are disloyal to the Constitution. If you were responsible for security that day and in any way abetted (either directly or by denying/slowing security response) to people who actively disrupted Congress as it attempted to certify the Electoral Votes then you should be in prison or hanging.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, Js1 said:

Yeah the Capitol needs a security makeover. Purge the Capitol Police Department of sympathizers, new CP leadership and a lot of security upgrades. 

If this happened at the White House, there’d be a ten foot wall around it, patrolled by Robocops 

In the every accusation is a confession, Trump created a Deep State.  Now the ferreting and purges begin.  Fuck their hurt feelings and cancel culture label for libs.  They tried to cancel state and national elections and nobody called them cancel culture when they were firing people throughout government agencies that wouldn't swear fealty.  Fuck these assholes, their Congressional enablers and all the unqualified judges they rammed through to try and negate justice after the fact.  MAGA was nothing more than a criminal conspiratorial syndicate that's going to continue while that fat fuck assclown continues to file bankruptcies while funneling money through overseas accounts.  At minimum, he needs to be treated and sentenced like Noriega.

• Hook 'Em 4

27 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

In the every accusation is a confession, Trump created a Deep State.  Now the ferreting and purges begin.  Fuck their hurt feelings and cancel culture label for libs.  They tried to cancel state and national elections and nobody called them cancel culture when they were firing people throughout government agencies that wouldn't swear fealty.  Fuck these assholes, their Congressional enablers and all the unqualified judges they rammed through to try and negate justice after the fact.  MAGA was nothing more than a criminal conspiratorial syndicate that's going to continue while that fat fuck assclown continues to file bankruptcies while funneling money through overseas accounts.  At minimum, he needs to be treated and sentenced like Noriega.

Yes, but like the mob, once they're in it is like hide and seek discovering where all the tentacles of the octopus are. The Russian mafia is very good at what they do.

14 hours ago, Js1 said:

Instead they were all:

spacer.png

3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

I do not want us to militarize the Capitol anymore than it already is. I hate it.

We ABSOLUTELY need to investigate the leadership and purge it of people who are disloyal to the Constitution. If you were responsible for security that day and in any way abetted (either directly or by denying/slowing security response) to people who actively disrupted Congress as it attempted to certify the Electoral Votes then you should be in prison or hanging.

There's definitely a middle ground between security upgrades and militarizing the Capitol.

I don't want it to look impenetrable, but there absolutely needs to be better security to lock down the House/Senate chamber and individual offices, especially of leadership.  There's a wide gap between blast doors and needing to use desks to barricade the House chamber doors. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

There's definitely a middle ground between security upgrades and militarizing the Capitol.

I don't want it to look impenetrable, but there absolutely needs to be better security to lock down the House/Senate chamber and individual offices, especially of leadership.  There's a wide gap between blast doors and needing to use desks to barricade the House chamber doors. 

They could have blast doors that drop down over the glass doors. There would have been plenty of time to activate it. With practically unlimited money, there are plenty of options to make it impenetrable at a moment's notice while allowing it to retain its openness most of the time. 

Even the corner store manages to have a security gate that hides up under the awning when the store is open. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

3 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

I think a neck is required as well. A noose slides right off that triple chin. 

Anybody remember the "wild west" diorama thing at the State Fair?

For some reason, they had a hanging scene where the head had popped off the executed and there was actually blood pumping out of an artery into a drain on the ground.

Probably didn't scar me, but I fucking remember that vividly.

Basic level perimeter security would have prevented this. Like shit a bunch of motivated AISD cops could have pulled off. We don’t need blast doors in the capitol. We need a capitol security force that is not facilitating the riot, opening the gates and taking selfie’s. Make some examples out of people. 

• Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Basic level perimeter security would have prevented this. Like shit a bunch of motivated AISD cops could have pulled off. We don’t need blast doors in the capitol. We need a capitol security force that is not facilitating the riot, opening the gates and taking selfie’s. Make some examples out of people. 

This. This was not unexpected. Everyone knew what was coming. The powers in charge decided to deal with this situation like it was just some white fist amendment protest when it was clearly going to be a coordinated attack. Hell they said it on the net. The powers that be LET THIS HAPPEN because TRUMP WANTED IT TO HAPPEN.

This is sedition. He was happy about it. It blew up in his face like all his dumbass plans always do. You don’t get a free one coup pass like Ted Lieu said. This was an attack and we are actually lucky that the death toll was lower than Trump and his conspirators planned for.  

On 1/8/2021 at 10:24 PM, Anastasis said:

A fraction of the tear gas deployed in any one night this summer against much more peaceful crowds in Portland would've dispersed this whole crowd.

• Hook 'Em 2