Karen the movie

ajax

Real talk - I cannot wait to see this movie. This could the funniest movie of the year.

The director's previous credits include classics such as "Parking Lot Pimpin", "Gangsta Rap: The Glockumentary", and "Who Made the Potatoe Salad". Safe to say Jordan Peele he is not.

Here are the Double Toasted guys having a party roasting the trailer.

Edited by ajax
  • Like 2

I hate that a particular name like that has become such a negative thing. I haven't known many people named Karen, but all the ones I can remember were really nice, smart and kind people, totally un-Karen-like.

• Like 1

i had several conversations last summer about a project i was literally calling "karen the movie".  even wrote a short treatment and we sent it around a little.  mine was more like the female version of "falling down" where a karen type snaps and loses her shit, but actually has some redemption at the end (unlike the actual falling down) and becomes a lot less "karen-ish".

when it came down to the tone and the story, i just couldn't write it.  i think i also didn't want to.  then it came to our attention that there were other karen movies in the pipeline and that gave me an easy out.

21 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

i had several conversations last summer about a project i was literally calling "karen the movie".  even wrote a short treatment and we sent it around a little.  mine was more like the female version of "falling down" where a karen type snaps and loses her shit, but actually has some redemption at the end (unlike the actual falling down) and becomes a lot less "karen-ish".

when it came down to the tone and the story, i just couldn't write it.  i think i also didn't want to.  then it came to our attention that there were other karen movies in the pipeline and that gave me an easy out.

Case of ‘Karen’s Block’, eh?  

One of the best parts of the trailer is when Karen hates her black neighbor so much that at some point she fucks her neighbor's husband, who is also black.

I'm talking about the where she says "you wouldn't want your wife to know our little secret, right". Who knows what actually happens in this scene but I'm hoping that she makes the husband ride the Karen-coaster.

On 6/25/2021 at 4:28 PM, DougO said:

I hate that a particular name like that has become such a negative thing. I haven't known many people named Karen, but all the ones I can remember were really nice, smart and kind people, totally un-Karen-like.

• I know what you mean.  My wife is named Karen, and she always laughs when I call myself a "purist" (Karen comes from the Dutch word for "pure".  She is sweet, thoughtful, loving, and a genius level IQ.  This whole "Karen" movement really chaps her ass. 
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, After irth said:
  • I know what you mean.  My wife is named Karen, and she always laughs when I call myself a "purist" (Karen comes from the Dutch word for "pure".  She is sweet, thoughtful, loving, and a genius level IQ.  This whole "Karen" movement really chaps her ass. 

Yeah, but at the same time, does she slap your ass in bed and tell you that if you don't do exactly what she says, she'll go speak to management?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1