License plate / owner tracking

1 hour ago, Snacks said:

Can anybody help me track down an owner based on license plate? My buddy got hit and the dude abandoned the ride and ran off. I have the license, color, make, model.

Thanks

Nice try cop.

21 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The guy left his vehicle behind?  With being a hit and run, don't the cops get involved which would lead to understanding who owns the vehicle?  

Houston cops don't do much of anything when it comes to traffic.... or purse snatching.

21 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The guy left his vehicle behind?  With being a hit and run, don't the cops get involved which would lead to understanding who owns the vehicle?  

Sounds kinda like the guy who owns the vehicle might not have known the guy who was driving it.

Just now, dingleberryswitzer said:

It's a big assumption that a guy that would run from an accident would have insurance.  But OPs insurance probably has access to that sort of stuff. 

That was my point.  The wife had someone bump her car and take off.  She had a partial plate and description of the vehicle and the insurance company had no problem identifying the owner.

On 5/7/2018 at 2:40 PM, HOOKEM4 said:

Nice try cop.

On 5/8/2018 at 11:38 AM, Snacks said:

Houston cops don't do much of anything when it comes to traffic.... or purse snatching.

On 5/8/2018 at 11:41 AM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

or burglery

but DO NOT try to steal a fucking roll of Mentos

In about 1986, I was hit head on by a Chevy Nova that was exiting Austin Speedorama/Longhorn Speedway southbound onto northbound 183. A bit stunned, I looked up to see about seven dudes scatter back into the parking lot, abandoning the Nova. My teenage mind was blown.

13 hours ago, stupidgringo said:

In about 1986, I was hit head on by a Chevy Nova that was exiting Austin Speedorama/Longhorn Speedway southbound onto northbound 183. A bit stunned, I looked up to see about seven dudes scatter back into the parking lot, abandoning the Nova. My teenage mind was blown.

HBCC

(hit by clown car)