Texas Women's Basketball 2021-2022 - "Vic's Got It Going!!"

LTtxfan

20 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Our offense went ice cold. ISU with all the momentum going into OT

Texas’ 19 OT points was our second highest point total of the 4.5 quarters.  Held ISU to 10, their lowest. ISU only scored 39 in the second half and OT after 34 in the first. Texas - 28 in the first and 54 in the second half and OT. Great adjustments by Vic and staff, especially coach APhil and the post play 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Texas’ 19 OT points was our second highest point total of the 4.5 quarters.  Held ISU to 10, their lowest. ISU only scored 39 in the second half and OT after 34 in the first. Texas - 28 in the first and 54 in the second half and OT. Great adjustments by Vic and staff, especially coach APhil and the post play 

Thanks for that.

Now it's fun.

MistyShockedIsopod-max-1mb.gif

2 minutes ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

Thanks for that.

Now it's fun.

MistyShockedIsopod-max-1mb.gif

Texas finished at 44.4 FG, 62.5 (10-16) BTA, and 84% FT (16-19). ISU 45.2%, 52.4% and 100% (6-6)

Texas +13 FT, +1 on the boards and won TO 11-15. ISU committed 7 more fouls. 

Texas only put up one more shot than ISU - getting to the line and hitting 3s was the key to our success 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Phew. Vic and Rori got you 

Saw the score on the ticker and we were down by 10 I think I’m the 1st???. ESPN didn’t show it again until an hour and a half later and it said we won in OT. Every kid on this flight heard me say “fuck yeah!”

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

Saw the score on the ticker and we were down by 10 I think I’m the 1st???. ESPN didn’t show it again until an hour and a half later and it said we won in OT. Every kid on this flight heard me say “fuck yeah!”

So can you officiate a Texas game, as a professed fan/alumnus?  Is there any declaration of fandom that officials make as to be excluded from some games?  
Or is the expectation of professionalism there such that it’s not an issue?

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So can you officiate a Texas game, as a professed fan/alumnus?  Is there any declaration of fandom that officials make as to be excluded from some games?  
Or is the expectation of professionalism there such that it’s not an issue?

There’s no rule that says I couldn’t since I don’t have any family that works for UT.

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Don’t think we ever got down 10. 7 or 8 I think? Their largest lead was 9 In the 2nd (29-20) and 3rd (38-29)

Edited by Js1

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Texas flips with LSU on the 2/3 line in Spokane

Texas winning tomorrow might put 3 Big 12 teams on that 2 seed line (Baylor would be knocked back down)

Ho Lee Shit. A #2 seed now. Definitely deserved, and made even sweeter by knocking the wicked witch / bayou bitch down a notch. I can picture her looking at this and seething. Good times.

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I guess isu can’t lose enough to be a 3 seed?  Will be nice to not have to worry about playing a top conference team until late in the tourney. 

without knowing nearly enough about the 1 seeds, is Texas in position to get 1 by winning tomorrow?

Not really, no. Our Tech loss is such a blemish on our resume.  It’s really holding us back.  Only team in the top 10 of NET with a Q3 loss  

ISU probably keeps the 2 seed because LSU lost early in their conf tournament. And it wasn’t particularly close. ISU still has a 2 seed resume; they just benefited from LSU losing. 

10 hours ago, Js1 said:

Not really, no. Our Tech loss is such a blemish on our resume.  It’s really holding us back.  Only team in the top 10 of NET with a Q3 loss  

ISU probably keeps the 2 seed because LSU lost early in their conf tournament. And it wasn’t particularly close. ISU still has a 2 seed resume; they just benefited from LSU losing. 

Hard to believe beating iowa state 3 times doesn't trump all of that data though.  Still hoping Texas moves ahead of cyclones and gets #2 seed.

10 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Hard to believe beating iowa state 3 times doesn't trump all of that data though.  Still hoping Texas moves ahead of cyclones and gets #2 seed.

Texas is probably the 3rd 2 seed and ISU 4th this morning (7th and 8th).

If Baylor wins today, Baylor 4, Louisville is 5 and UConn is 6.

If Texas wins, Louisville 4, Baylor 5, Texas 6, UConn 7, ISU 8

UConn will be in Bridgeport regardless. Texas needs/wants Spokane. Avoid South Carolina. Louisville is okay if they are the last 1 seed. Committee would try to avoid Baylor/Texas in a 1/2 scenario. 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

Hilarious listening to Mitte and Fennelly whine about Texas’ defense. Specifically things like freedom of movement.  Interested in @Pancho’s thoughts on this  

And ISU fans think Texas is a bunch of thugs when they play defense. Big 12 WBB is softer than Big 12 football when it comes to teams playing physical defense. 

These coaches cannot stand Vic’s style at all. He really rubs them all the wrong way. I can’t wait to go to the SEC - Dawn, Johnnie and even Mulkey seem to have a lot of respect for defense. It’s obvious Gerlich, Jenny B and Fennelly do not. 

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Hilarious listening to Mitte and Fennelly whine about Texas’ defense. Specifically things like freedom of movement.  Interested in @Pancho’s thoughts on this  

And ISU fans think Texas is a bunch of thugs when they play defense. Big 12 WBB is softer than Big 12 football when it comes to teams playing physical defense. 

These coaches cannot stand Vic’s style at all. He really rubs them all the wrong way. I can’t wait to go to the SEC - Dawn, Johnnie and even Mulkey seem to have a lot of respect for defense. It’s obvious Gerlich, Jenny B and Fennelly do not. 

Yeah I'm tired of the B12 coaches shitting on Vic -- it's definitely a group effort.

Fuck 'em !!!  🤘

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Typically coaches whine and send in tape about lack of movement when they lose. 

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-1118-1355426483-4.gif

49 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Typically coaches whine and send in tape about lack of movement when they lose. 

I bet part of BF’s whining was the number of offensive fouls on Ryan and Donarski. They coach ISU guards to use that off arm and dare the refs to call / dare opposing guards to use hands and not feet to defend.