Loro (Franklin and Cole Fusion) in Dallas

Lidig8r

So, on July 5, 2021, Loro in Dallas opened. (I believe the original in Austin opened in 2018 and one is supposed to open in Houston sometime this fall)

First, I like the location. It's on Haskel just east of Central Distressway. So, no Deep Ellum, Uptown traffic mess.

It does have that Texas Dancehall look to it. The parking lot is small and kind of funky but lots of nearby street parking.

I thought no reservations but apparently you can go "on the line" and have Mr. Google contact the restaurant and make reservations.  Without reservations, when you get there and if there appears to be a wait, they take your name in front of the place and put you  on a list. (Or, you tell them you are meeting friends inside, walk in, find an empty place and sit down). They have the scan menu thing on your table. Then, when you know what you want, you walk up to the bar and order (both your drinks and food). You pay as you order, bartender serves you your drinks and gives you a numbered thingiemabob for your order. The waitstaff brings you your food when it is ready.

The SO and I started with the wonton chips (the thai green salsa is particularly good).  We then had the smoked beef brisket with thai herbs and chili gastrique and the oak smoked salmon with cucumber yuzu broth, parsley and lemon.

The brisket was very good, tender, good flavor, the thai herbs add a nice finishing flavor. But, for us the star was the salmon particularly with the cucumber yuzu broth. The broth was incredible!

As for drinks, we wanted to try something different so we both had a frozen gin and tonic. (they also have frozen mojitos). Unlike many frozen margaritas, the frozen G&T was very good, refreshing and you could taste the gin in it.

Good atmosphere. They have a separate outside area with television, etc as well as outside seating.

Yes, you are going to get some of the Dallas Douches in attendance but it is what it is.  The Asian aspect worked very well with the food and prices are pretty reasonable. Give it a whirl Gents.

https://www.loroeats.com/dallas

2 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

Have been looking forward to trying this since it was first announced a while back.  We're pretty regular E-Bar customers and it's right across the street.

And we ended up here. Waiting on our table. 

At the recommendation of one of the food deliverers (not really a waitress due to the order at the counter aspect) when contemplating our 2nd round of ordering, we got the glass noodles and an order of karaage to mix/eat together. Was delicious. Will do again.

• 1 year later...

Loro is now open at Montfort and Belt Line Road just east of the Tollway.

The smoked salmon dip is a great starter with just the right amount of kick to it.

On Sunday and Monday they have smoked baby back Duroc pork ribs. I went home and slapped a picture of my mama that night.

The word has not spread too much about it yet so the crowds are not bad.

And the SO has her jewelry boutique about 300 yards away on Montfort on the pond.

Try it out gents.