Dallas Stars 2021-2022 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

15 minutes ago, crum said:

if we win tomorrow in regulation we tie up with the wild, only 5 back of St Louis as well. pretty wild

I know we're in "just win, baby" mode but it would really be in our best interests to start winning more games in regulation as I believe that's the first tie-breaker. This appears like it's going to be awfully fucking tight all the way to the end.

On 3/5/2022 at 11:50 AM, C-Man said:

Loving that kid. Did *anybody* think he'd be remotely this good at finishing when he came up last year?

(He's also wearing one of my all-time favorite jersey numbers.)

duncan.0.jpg

Robo is easily my favorite player right now. Saw him play in juniors before we drafted and i noticed him. Was stoked when we got him. Really stoked he's panning out. 1st Dallas Star with b2b hatties. How can you not root for that kid?

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

4 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

We're apparently bottom 2.  Only Ottawa has fewer empty-net goals than we do.

Was just coming to post this. Saw it in Saad's Athletic story.

https://theathletic.com/3166847/2022/03/06/jason-robertson-makes-stars-history-jake-oettinger-keeps-rolling-and-riley-tufte-enoys-a-delayed-homecoming/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

The Wild did get two quick goals from Kaprizov to close the gap to 4-3. The second goal came because Robertson broke his stick and it essentially gave the Wild a 6-on-4. The Stars still had numerous opportunities at the open net but they continued to go wide. Dallas’ struggles against an empty net weren’t a fluke, though. Coming into the game, they had the second-worst Goals For percentage in the NHL against an empty net, only better than the Ottawa Senators.