Ohio vs. Louisiana

lemonandaturd

After the 5 night orgyfest of college football a few days back, where there was a P5 playing each night....America needs P5 games from Thursday through Monday.  

Everyone of us will remember that Louisville and Ole Miss played on a Monday night, but nearly every damned NFL game played on Monday and Thursday nights is utterly forgettable.  

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Not

one

fucking

with

a

score

or  

final. 

If only there were some mysterious, yet ubiquitous technology that allowed one to find the answers to this and other pressing questions of our time. An oracle of sorts that you could literally ask, "who won the Louisiana/Ohio game" and they would respond along the lines of, "Louisiana won 49-14, you lazy fucktard." If only.

1 hour ago, Droopy said:

Not

one

fucking

with

a

score

or  

final. 

That’s not true. I figured the post that said Louisiana was up 14-0 told you all you needed to know.

38 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

If only there were some mysterious, yet ubiquitous technology that allowed one to find the answers to this and other pressing questions of our time. An oracle of sorts that you could literally ask, "who won the Louisiana/Ohio game" and they would respond along the lines of, "Louisiana won 49-14, you lazy fucktard." If only.

It would be especially helpful if this magical device were literally at one’s fingertips.

Maybe someday.

However, I have a philosophy that a game thread should keep readers updated on score and possession and ball position and time, etc. I won’t start a game thread unless I’m prepared to stick with it and keep readers updated on the game. If there aren’t many/any viewers, I figure it’s my responsibility to provide a narrative. When there a lot of viewers participating then I can post something like “Nice catch!” or “Wow!” and assume everyone knows what I’m talking about.

There have been times when I’ve moved from the narrative mode to the more immersed, shared experience mode as other participants tuned in. But I agree that it’s a good idea in a game thread to post periodic updates on the state of the game, the score, etc. as a courtesy to fans who didn’t see the game might want want to read later on. The game thread isn’t just for the people watching the game. It’s also  an historical record. Ohio vs. Louisiana isn’t a game thread that any Louisiana fans are going to be rushing around to read on the web. But if it’s a game of some significance then it’s helpful to readers later on if we leave occasional markers so they know where in the game they are at any given time. It makes for a better read.

But yeah, everyone knew that game was over when Louisiana took a 14-0 lead. 

2 hours ago, Texasrocks said:

Thanks for the score, industrious fucktard.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Texasrocks said:

I can't remember if it was Confucius or Ghandi who said, "if you don't know who the lazy fucktard is, you're the lazy fucktard."

Really?  I heard it like this, "If after sitting at the poker table for 5 minutes you can't figure out who the lazy fucktard is, you're the lazy fucktard."