Summer Transfer Window - 2018 Version

Jograves

I'd be trying to keep Dybala like mad as he seems to be a great fit with Ronaldo in a Benzema-esque role. 

Transfer makes sense for all parties. Ronaldo leaves winning everything he possibly could and doing something that seemed impossible (3 CLs in a row), and escaping the tax man/legal situation that was a black mark for him. Madrid get something for him instead of letting him leave on a free and keeps a good relationship with Mendes. Juve gets a once in a generation player that's arguably the best play of all time for the competition they desperately want to win. 

Wonder if this means Madrid will go forward and try to get Mbappe or Neymar. 

6 hours ago, GabrielsHorn said:

1) I'd be trying to keep Dybala like mad as he seems to be a great fit with Ronaldo in a Benzema-esque role. 

2) Wonder if this means Madrid will go forward and try to get Mbappe or Neymar. 

1) Dybala isn't half the worker than Benzema is.

Dybala is younger and seems to be more accurate (at least in Italy), but he seems to be more interested in scoring above all else than perhaps CR7 would want a teammate to be. He has been criticized for not showing up in big moments.

2) Mbappe has no desire to go to Real Madrid at the moment. 

He's from Paris (okay, a suburb), he moved away to get first team minutes, and then returned just last year to lead his "hometown team" to glory. Madrid isn't going away anytime soon and he isn't a team unity cancer like Neymar is. The Qatari owners don't need the money and Neymar is being seen as an international bitch.

Neymar wants to leave and Mbappe wants to stay. I can't see anything changing that would lead to Mbappe moving (whether Neymar stays or goes), but I could definitely see Neymar moving this summer. Mbappe is already more valuable than Neymar and he's not even 20 years-old yet. [French] He ain't goin' nowhere! [/French]

2 hours ago, mr. littlejeans said:

thanks. there is some skepticism over the veracity of this as nobody has been able to locate the original claim from kicker, which is the source for most of the reports on this, including the one from nbcsports. 

Yeah, the NBC story reported the Sun story, which in typical fashion because the Sun sucks, has no sources.

The Pulisic thing confuses me.  He didn’t have much of a season and Spurs have some promising talent like Marcus Edwards waiting in the wings.  I don’t buy the comment above that he’s better than Sterling.  Raheem has been great this season and has plenty of headway to improve under Pep.  Pulisic might be feeling the heat from Sancho but he will get more games if he stays put.

18 minutes ago, Pathetic Shark said:

Thinking about it more I would make a run at Grealish if I were Spurs.  Still young, strong and good on the ball with some flair.  Sounds Spursy to me.

they reportedly lead for and will get him if the clubs can agree a fee. somewhere in the range of £15-20MM.

20 hours ago, Pathetic Shark said:

The Pulisic thing confuses me.  He didn’t have much of a season and Spurs have some promising talent like Marcus Edwards waiting in the wings.  I don’t buy the comment above that he’s better than Sterling.  Raheem has been great this season and has plenty of headway to improve under Pep.  Pulisic might be feeling the heat from Sancho but he will get more games if he stays put.

Edwards is likely getting shipped out this summer. He’s talented but his attitude fucking sucks. It’s a shame.

44 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Man 

giphy.gif

Not a good time to be a Villan.

Seems like Xia either doesn’t have the money he claimed to have or he can’t easily get cash out of China. Either way, firing your CEO, DoF, and being late on a routine tax bill doesn’t seem good.

On 7/5/2018 at 3:46 PM, Napoleon said:

Christian Pulisic is like a good Raheem Sterling with a smaller backside and better final touch.

I can't see Christian starting more than half the games with Spurs, but he would be working under a great coach.

Pulisic had 4 goals and 5 assists last season.

Sterling had 18 goals and 11 assists.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maninblack said:

Love when talented yutes make moves to mega clubs and stunt their growth.

Really, really doubt there’s anything to the rumors other than Spurs like him. Doesn’t appear that Pusilic is pushing for a move or that BVB is all that interested in selling. Basically, it’s silly season rumors meant to get clicks.

Really, really doubt there’s anything to the rumors other than Spurs like him. Doesn’t appear that Pusilic is pushing for a move or that BVB is all that interested in selling. Basically, it’s silly season rumors meant to get clicks.

I was talking about Odriozola. Spurs isn't a mega club.

4 hours ago, 406W30th said:

Pulisic had 4 goals and 5 assists last season.

Sterling had 18 goals and 11 assists.

I would take Pulisic over the Raheem Sterling in this World Cup. 

I would take lots of “decent, but not great” players over the Raheem Sterling in this World Cup. 

West Ham’s transfer policy is a complete cluster.  They are also interested in Wilshere and Payet. Just randomly buying players with no view of how they would fit together.  

Final word (maybe) on the Sterling discussion- he plays a different position for England than MC.  MC play a 4-3-3 with him playing in the 7 or 11 position.  England play 3-5-2 but he floats between the 10, 8, 6 positions, sometimes even dropping deeper than Henderson to receive the ball.  It’s his job to create space for Alli and Lingard as well as pulling defenders inside to allow Trippier and Young to get forward.  People say put Lofus Cheek in there or add Dier and move Henderson further up.  None of them can dribble like Sterling, none can be a threat with balls over the top or interchange with the inside forwards like Sterling can.  I’d be very surprised is he gets dropped 

So in Chelsea craziness...

Wed/Thurs is the new deadline for Sarri.

Reports that Jorginho with Sarri negotiating is holding up the announcement of Sarri as manager.

Aleksandr Golovin has been reported as already signed, waiting for Sarri announcement.

Jean Michaël Seri is now being reported as being in London with negotiations done and waiting on Sarri to be announced. This is the player that consistently was linked but due to health reasons associated with cold weather, wouldn't move.  Apparently this is no longer an issue.

Hazard is being reported as plan B if Neymar doesn't go to Real Madrid, but with Zidane out of the picture, this feels less likely.

Tbo is likely on his way to Madrid this year or next and Alisson is target 1 with Schmeichel being the back up option.

PSG after Kante, but CFC rebuffing attempts.

CFC has contacted Real Madrid about Kovacic.

Barca after Willian, CFC asking crazy money.

Oh and this guy ran practice today.

Untitled.0.png

4 hours ago, MoJames said:

So in Chelsea craziness...

Wed/Thurs is the new deadline for Sarri.

Reports that Jorginho with Sarri negotiating is holding up the announcement of Sarri as manager.

Aleksandr Golovin has been reported as already signed, waiting for Sarri announcement.

Jean Michaël Seri is now being reported as being in London with negotiations done and waiting on Sarri to be announced. This is the player that consistently was linked but due to health reasons associated with cold weather, wouldn't move.  Apparently this is no longer an issue.

Hazard is being reported as plan B if Neymar doesn't go to Real Madrid, but with Zidane out of the picture, this feels less likely.

Tbo is likely on his way to Madrid this year or next and Alisson is target 1 with Schmeichel being the back up option.

PSG after Kante, but CFC rebuffing attempts.

CFC has contacted Real Madrid about Kovacic.

Barca after Willian, CFC asking crazy money.

Oh and this guy ran practice today.

Untitled.0.png

Bigfoot?

• Like 1