Congressional Baseball Game

Incredulity

On C-Span live right now.

Only had heard of this from the shooting.  I had pictured it as a “baseball” game that was something more akin to a softball game.  They are actually playing real hardball at the Nationals Stadium.  

Seems like actually a cool humanizing activity for them.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

On C-Span live right now.

Only had heard of this from the shooting.  I had pictured it as a “baseball” game that was something more akin to a softball game.  They are actually playing real hardball at the Nationals Stadium.  

Seems like actually a cool humanizing activity for them.

I thought another Bernie Bro was shooting someone again.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

Greg Steube definitely looked awesome. His "Save America" hat signed by Trump did not. 

Imagine trotting out on the field in 2017 in a "I'm with Her" hat signed by Hillary. 

Ossoff's Crime Dog jersey rocked. Mo Brooks played the entire game at first (as far as I could tell), which was pretty impressive for an antidemocratic fascist that hates democracy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Burt said:

The high school softball coach in me is cringing watching the horrible footwork of the first baseman receiving that throw.

Not the best display of athleticism, looked like he was doing a yoga warrior pose.

5 hours ago, Grandioso said:

Greg Steube definitely looked awesome. His "Save America" hat signed by Trump did not. 

Imagine trotting out on the field in 2017 in a "I'm with Her" hat signed by Hillary. 

Ossoff's Crime Dog jersey rocked. Mo Brooks played the entire game at first (as far as I could tell), which was pretty impressive for an antidemocratic fascist that hates democracy. 

Agree about the hat. To me it's like someone ripping a loud fart during a prayer because a game of baseball is about putting the world on pause and being lost in the game.

i watched a good bit of it last night.  like most posters that have replied i was impressed with the baseball skills.  i did think biden should have gone over to the gop dugout also, or at least the pitchers mound.  someone has got to set the example and put party aside for the greater good.  i know that sounds stupid in a baseball game but it would have shown true leadership.

16 hours ago, F250 said:

Always liked this game. Dropped a few highlights.

Impressive.

This kind of reminded me of the 75 year old Luke Appling hitting a home run(with a wood bat mind you) off Warren Spahn in the old timers game they used to play at the All Star game.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1