MNF: Raiders @ Chargers, ESPN

shadow_operative2.0

1 minute ago, Tommy Shelby said:

While I prefer college football (due to the passion of the fans and the players), the NFL tends to have closer games.

In terms of playing the game of football - the NFL is a much better product.

That doesn't make it more entertaining, necessarily. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Tommy Shelby said:

While I prefer college football (due to the passion of the fans and the players), the NFL tends to have closer games.

there seems to be more scoring this year, but in the past 5 or 6 seasons it seemed like games with seven to ten field goals and one or two TDs

2 minutes ago, naija said:

now you've done it

I really haven't. If you think the quality of play in college is better you're a moron. 

Again - that doesn't make it more exciting or compelling. There are weekends where I barely tune in to the NFL. Not sure when the last time I didn't watch at least one game on a Saturday was. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

In terms of playing the game of football - the NFL is a much better product.

That doesn't make it more entertaining, necessarily. 

This is absolutely true. The amateurism (well guess that ain't officially true anymore lol) of college ball makes for some crazy games. There's so much more emotion. Sometimes watching NFL games literally feels like a chess match especially with the amount of coordinators sitting up in the booth (like even the DCs which I always feel like is weird).

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I really haven't. If you think the quality of play in college is better you're a moron. 

Again - that doesn't make it more exciting or compelling. There are weekends where I barely tune in to the NFL. Not sure when the last time I didn't watch at least one game on a Saturday was. 

for the record, I agree with you, but that sort of post always brings out the people willing to shout your ear off about the "purity" of college sports, but I suppose that line of argument should be well about dead in this day

• Hook 'Em 2