French Catholic Church has abused 330K minors since 1950

Buzzrock

Yes but your post was about organizations and as we have seen most organizations are not abolished after these scandals are revealed.
How the fuck does Baylor still have a football program?

That’s fair. Fuck them too. But the scale here is just staggering. There’s no other organization that’s even close in terms of raw numbers or even percentages of participants.

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

There’s no other organization that’s even close in terms of raw numbers or even percentages of participants.

Eh, I'm not so sure about that. I'd say every major religion active in the US is pretty much on the same level percentage wise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

What makes you think that?

It seems that a certain percentage of the population are pedos and pedos frequently seek positions that give them access to their victims. I would assume the percentage of pedo priests are no different than the percentage in education or other religious organizations.

It's a pretty common misconception that the because priests are celibate and many are homosexual that they are more likely to be pedophiles but homosexuality doesn't cause pedophilia.

Is there any data that indicates that the RCC has a higher rate of abuse than any other organization?

I am not a Catholic but I am challenging your assumption because people frequently try and assign blame on celibate homosexual priests. This assumption perpetuates the myth that homosexuals are sexual deviants.

• Hook 'Em 2

45 minutes ago, F250 said:

It seems that a certain percentage of the population are pedos and pedos frequently seek positions that give them access to their victims. I would assume the percentage of pedo priests are no different than the percentage in education or other religious organizations.

It's a pretty common misconception that the because priests are celibate and many are homosexual that they are more likely to be pedophiles but homosexuality doesn't cause pedophilia.

Is there any data that indicates that the RCC has a higher rate of abuse than any other organization?

I am not a Catholic but I am challenging your assumption because people frequently try and assign blame on celibate homosexual priests. This assumption perpetuates the myth that homosexuals are sexual deviants.

Agreed.  Especially the last sentence.

I think, however, that the RCC and the vow of celibacy does attract (rather than cause) some whose sexual tendencies trouble them.  That is, the Church offers them a less drastic variant of Hemingways God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen.

Edited by TwiceHorn

I’d argue celibates are sexual deviants but you make a great point.
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...