Texas @ #20 Baylor---30 October, 11:00a-CDT (ABC)

Guest Lobo

2 hours ago, redswingline said:

Baylor is marginally better than last year. The difference is they couldn't pad their record vs. prairie view a&m types.

If you just look at their conference performances 3 things are obvious.

1. their OL sucks - which is no surprise because it sucked last year.  they cannot move the ball on the ground against teams with a pulse.

2. they can't pass rush against teams with a pulse.

3. ISU dominated them in the 2nd half, OSU dominated them in stoolwater.

OL is better than about 7-8 teams in the conference right now

Pass rush is pretty solid, especially against a struggling OL

ISU is a good football team, so is OSU.  Against OSU, 3-4 starting OL had strep throat.  Also, OSU hired a GA from BU and they had film knowledge of every BU offensive play call.  One reason why they were much more dominant against BU offense in the first half than the second half.  

( I know the play call stuff for a fact from both an OSU contact and a BU staffer)  

Gonna be a wild, rough hitting game.  If Texas doesn't improve the OL and DL issues, it could be a long day.  

Edited by Trey3216
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, redswingline said:

Baylor is marginally better than last year. The difference is they couldn't pad their record vs. prairie view a&m types.

1. their OL sucks - which is no surprise because it sucked last year.  they cannot move the ball on the ground against teams with a pulse.

50c0b02b-eb77-484e-9c33-682904b25aef_tex

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 11:51 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

Baylor plays absolute dog shit out of conference schedule. 

This! Baylor has a better record overall than us over the last dozen seasons because of their shit OOC. We don't pad our stats and wins with a bunch of FCS schools. A typical Baylor OOC is SFA, Lamar and Rice.... dog shit!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

This! Baylor has a better record overall than us over the last dozen seasons because of their shit OOC. We don't pad our stats and wins with a bunch of FCS schools. A typical Baylor OOC is SFA, Lamar and Rice.... dog shit!

Absolutely no disputing this...their OOC schedule is an abomination.

That said, the fact that our conference records (over the last decade) are basically the same makes me throw up in my mouth.  Unacceptable, but the grim reality.  F'in Baylor?

Edited by hobbs
  • Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, redswingline said:

a friend offered me a ticket and I'm considering going.

When in Rome and all...Where is the best place to pick up some roofies in waco? Should I swing by one of their dorms?

Or perhaps walk around like a rapist and have them thrown at me like a post wedding rice shower?

You may not need any, it sounds like he likes you already. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 10/19/2021 at 11:49 AM, FirstTimeCaller said:

Baylor is a better football program than us. Baylor. 74-46 in the past decade compared to 69-51 for Texas. And that's with a 2-7 and 1-11 season thrown in for Baylor. Otherwise, it wouldn't be as close at is it.

But hey, we may not have trophies or championships or beat our biggest rival, but we have money. And Salt-N-Pepa. And new ugly endzone seating where nobody even sits. 

How anyone in the football department does not walk around permanently pissed off with a chip on their shoulder, I don't understand. 

Just bumping this one. Love seeing teams like Baylor doing horns down constantly and they have no reason to worry about offending the football gods.

On 10/21/2021 at 12:41 PM, redswingline said:

LOL. TTT. 
Y'all stupid... #cr

Edited by Harrison Bergeron
  • Hook 'Em 2