What did you think our record would be right now?

hookem48

31 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

This team has gone and done it…I’m back on the Dallas Cowboys Bandwagon 

I fell off the day Jerry hired Dave Campo and have struggled to get back on since. Hated Switzer but hell I thought he was a cut throat guy like Jimmy when he was hired but he was just along for the ride. Dave fucking Campo, holy shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

I fell off the day Jerry hired Dave Campo and have struggled to get back on since. Hated Switzer but hell I thought he was a cut throat guy like Jimmy when he was hired but he was just along for the ride. Dave fucking Campo, holy shit.

Campo was the worst of Jerry hires.

On 10/31/2021 at 2:02 PM, bullet said:

I expected 5-3 or 6-2 with a final record of 8-4 or 9-3, but hoped for better.

What's really disappointing is how they have folded in the 4th 3 straight times.

like I said it sucks all kinds of ass but we're a shitty team and OU,OSU and Baylor are 23-2. It's a fucking miracle we were up the way we were, then reality set in.

On 10/31/2021 at 7:07 AM, Dr. Beeper said:

6-2 and 7-1 with luck. Didn’t see Arky and had us losing 2 of TCU-OU-OSU-Baylor. 

It’s been disappointing for sure, but I don’t blame the staff. We don’t have the lines on either side of the ball. It places too much pressure on Casey, Bijan, X and a bunch of spare parts, and then our awful linebackers and secondary. The worst back 7 I’ve seen on a Texas team maybe ever. Casey is not good enough to put a team on his back - that’s clear. Bijan can be game planned against. 

People wanna fire PK and are really down on Sark, and I don’t understand that. It’s as clear as day we don’t have the Jimmys or Joes. Sark does an excellent job getting us these leads (despite Casey leaving points all over the fucking field yesterday), PK does enough with a talent-deficient D, and our lines wear out in second halves because they have zero talent. This is entirely predictable. And will keep happening to some degree in a lot of games until we have players. 

This is the worst collection of talent on a Texas roster since the early 90s. 

Given that you have called me variations of the biggest moron on these boards for years now, I am sure it will bring you no joy when I tell you I agree with this 1000 percent. And I also agree with some of your other takes. I guess every nemesis is more alike than they'd care to admit, because I am not extending an olive branch here.  I think many of your other opinions are butt-dumb and your manners are very poor. 

On 10/31/2021 at 10:13 AM, Vic Mackey said:

This would be all well and good if Sark actually had a good track record as a head coach but he doesn't. What makes you think he actually turns this around.

This is now our third coach since Mack we are talking the same talking points. Bad inherited roster, needs time, soft players, comparing Mack's early years. We keep making bad coaching hires and then wonder why this program is stuck in the sand of mediocrity for over a decade. We are on our 4th coach in less than a decade. That's the sign of a toxic program. Meanwhile, OU went the way of the Steelers.  

OU made the bold "who gives a fuck about what the neighbors will think" decision to elevate an unproven OC to head coach. Despite a constant diet of bags of dicks, that hire left the program while still near the top and with, fuck, I hate to even type this: class and grace, and by that time, he could elevate another unproven OC to his old position and few questioned his wisdom in doing so.

Our guy was dragged out of there kicking and screaming with his dick out of his pants pissing in all directions and only after he'd completely destroyed the program he built in the first two-thirds of his tenure. In retrospect I wish he'd had three more years to wallow in the shit he'd piled up all around him and was continuing to amass with absolutely horrific recruiting classes.

But since then we've made insecure coaching decisions snce -- the same kind of hires all the other cool kids make. And that is hopefully what will happen when we finally do hire Traylor in three or four years, but by then we would have endured an unprecedented 15-year-run of near-complete suckitude, one worse than '84-'97 for lack of conference championships, a Shock the Nation season, Roll Left, and occasional years-long mastery over the gooners (but tempered or negated by losing to aggy almost every fucking year). 

If Traylor slips away, all bets are off. Maybe there's another one out there like him but if not, if we keep on with these same kinds of hires, we will end up (if we haven't already) as Tennessee Southwest. 

Worthy has been a lot better than i imagined. Card has been as bad as i feared. Casey has been slightly worse than i thought. 

I disagree there isnt top 3 in conferenxe talent here. I think the talent is there but the culture is the weakest in conference along with Kansas. We have several guys like Coburn who have talent and have displayed it in the past but appear unmotivated and coasting just to get by. There's a mediocrity epidemic in that locker room and Sark needs to drive it out. Maybe thats by getting the offending players to transfer and working the portal hard for replacements who have desire to play. However it is done it has to be done first before any growth can happen. 

On 10/31/2021 at 2:20 PM, hookem48 said:

Since 2009 we've lost 7,5,4,5,7,7,7,6,4,5 and 3 games in a partial season that got the coach fired. Wow, the expectations for a team that lost it's best defenders, only olineman we had and qb with a new coaching staff were pretty crazy.

Let me save the ragers some time. Feel free to cut and paste in every thread on every board:

• Sark is getting paid millions, so there should be immediate success. No excuses.
  • We had highly rated recruiting classes therefore we have mounds of talent.
  • This is who Sark is based on his brief history as a head coach.

I disagree with every statement. 

The first is absurd on its face. I guess if the helicopter existed at the time, Cunard could have hired a ten million dollar captain, flown him to the Titanic, profit. 

The second point is proven wrong by what we're seeing on the field. ScipioTex has pointed to defensive scheming limiting the disruptive potential of the DL, but they're not getting much of a pass rush even when cut lose. They were to be a team strength. They were overrated. It looks like a lot of guys were. 

The last point cuts two ways. When he was hired, many on here pointed to his success at improving the teams where he did coach. His time was brief. Alcohol got the best of him at USC. Now that we petulantly hate him, he will never be better than his record as a HC in the past. Coaches both bad and excellent often have first years like this. 

Roma, why are you white knighting Sark?

I'm not white knighting shit. I'm on the Tree of Woe. I just think this board is obsessed with making ill supported absolute statements as early as they  possibly can.

Things don't look good at all right now. We may have another shitty three years. We. Just. Don't. Know. Yet. 

Thus, critics are seeing only what they're looking for and endlessly repeating the same thing.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 10/31/2021 at 12:28 AM, ousux said:

I just typed a really long drunken rant, then erased it all.

BlowU had to have a bit of luck and the refs to beat us so I still had optimism, but I wrote off this season after Okie Lite, I'll just leave it at that. Sark has 3 years, we should all make it easier on ourselves and just step back for a while, see what happens. I remember talk among some of the olds back in the early 2k's about firing Mack, and hindsight tells us that would have been a huge mistake. Not saying Sark will have anything approaching the same level of success...but he did inherit a soft roster with only a single superstar player, then grabbed another, but that player is a true Freshman with the mistakes that come along with that. The rest of the roster are JAG's who range from average to below average. Year two will tell us a lot about how the Sark era will be remembered. At this point it may be best to stay in the Big12 for '22 and it pains me to say that, but this season is done no matter how you look at it.

OU figured out their problem at half... and with a injury decimated secondary  And never looked back.  If UT played OU right now you think it's close..?  NFW

OU figured out their problem at half... and with a injury decimated secondary  And never looked back.  If UT played OU right now you think it's close..?  NFW
Oh hell no, at this point I'm not even sure we beat Kansas. But on that day in early October we were the better team if only slightly. Take away the critical screw job by the refs and I have little doubt we win that game with the early lead built up.

We may be bad right now, but blowU isn't exactly setting the world on fire vs good competition, they just have a better o-line and overall defense..but it will be exposed if they make it to the playoffs. Teams have film on Caleb Williams now.