Aqua Teen bomb scare—Never Forget

YChang

1 hour ago, YChang said:

Fellow Gen-Xers, y'all remember this? Being a fan of the show I thought it was hilarious and couldn't believe how much of a tizzy this threw the city into: https://www.polygon.com/22910754/aqua-teen-hunger-mooninites-boston-bomb-scare

Man, things were so much more simple back then. 

Absolutely remember that. That show was so fucking funny. I loved the Mooninites -- Ignigknokt (sp?) and Err. The Space Frat guys were great too.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

That was such a great news conference they held. 

Reporter: What was it like to spend the last night in jail?

Berdovsky: That’s not a hair question, I’m sorry.”

Reporter: Would you like to apologize?

Berdovsky: That’s also not a hair question.

Reporter: Did you bring a lawyer to court today because Turner [Broadcasting] didn’t bring anyone?

Berdovsky: That’s also not a hair question.

When Berdovsky, who can easily be identified by his lengthy dreadlocks, was asked if he was afraid that he would be forced to get his hair cut in jail, his response was, “That’s a very good question.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, ztejas said:

Aqua Teen is mostly a millennial phenomenon my G. 

Haha, I guess I’m just young at heart. It seems like those Adult Swim shows are older than what even old millennials would be into around that time. I’m clearly not super aware of the date ranges for the various generations!

Edited by YChang
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, YChang said:

Haha, I guess I’m just young at heart. It seems like those Adult Swim shows are older than what even old millennials would be into around that time. I’m clearly not super aware of the date ranges for the various generations!

I'm sure there are plenty of gen-xer fans but I'd wager most of the following comes from the millennial contingent. Do kids watch adult swim anymore? Is ATHF still on adult swim? I'm a younger millennial if not close to the youngest of that generation and it was certainly a part of my childhood. Aqua Teen would have debuted when millennials were like 5 to 20 years old and I'd say it was in it's heyday probably 5 years after that. The movie came out in '07.

Edited by ztejas