Mexican Soccer is serious business

cattail

• 2 years later...

Great bump, guys. I definitely needed to discover this thread and was helpless to avoid clicking on the videos of the "injured" brawlers. Someone should bump the Russian guy eaten by a shark thread so we can all get some restful sleep tonight. 

they strip the body of the defeated?
IMG_2458.webp.f952feb79ebf9f56b39c2d56b2c0b192.webp
What is best in life?                        
To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women…..and to then strip the bodies of the defeated so you can buy dulces pan and a coffee.
  • Haha 3

Really recommend this book.  There’s a great anecdote where the author talks to a British cop about the general good vibes and low security at American sporting events.  They have a hard time comprehending 100k people at a college game and no need for riot police on standby.

(I understand that for true mayhem Brazil and Argentina is where it’s at.  In lots of Europe and Latin America the soccer “ultras” club is really just a proxy for organized crime). 

image.jpeg.2525aad2358158ab6b6ea3c177d3efed.jpeg

5 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Really recommend this book.  There’s a great anecdote where the author talks to a British cop about the general good vibes and low security at American sporting events.  They have a hard time comprehending 100k people at a college game and no need for riot police on standby.

(I understand that for true mayhem Brazil and Argentina is where it’s at.  In lots of Europe and Latin America the soccer “ultras” club is really just a proxy for organized crime). 

image.jpeg.2525aad2358158ab6b6ea3c177d3efed.jpeg

There's a pretty decent movie called "Furioza" on Netflix about organized crime and a Polish soccer gang. It's fictional, but it resembles what I imagine.