Orrin Hatch has died

TexArcher

Just scanning Wikipedia, there are six other 80+ senators (excluding one retiring member) and 16 75+ by my count.

Unfortunately this will be a somewhat regular occurrence in the coming years as these folks hang on too long.

16 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Just scanning Wikipedia, there are six other 80+ senators (excluding one retiring member) and 16 75+ by my count.

Unfortunately this will be a somewhat regular occurrence in the coming years as these folks hang on too long.

Unfortunately? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Orale said:

Unfortunately? 

In my mind Hatch was still a sitting senator and I meant it from a continuity/effectiveness of governance standpoint. So I'm kind of an idiot, though I suppose I'd point out there are plenty of senators in his generational cohort.

It's especially scary to think about this being Dianne Feinstein, who is equally ancient, and ending the Democratic majority until CA can get a replacement.

While I certainly won't shed a tear for a guy like Mitch McConnell, but don't actively want him or anyone else to die. I'd rather them just retire and get out of the way.

Edited by gmr548

12 hours ago, Orale said:

He had his charming moments but was ultimately a soulless piece of shit if you look at his voting record. 

Yeah, guess like him should have been salvaging Trump and the Republicans over the past 6 years and yet, nothing.

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

In my mind Hatch was still a sitting senator and I meant it from a continuity/effectiveness of governance standpoint. So I'm kind of an idiot, though I suppose I'd point out there are plenty of senators in his generational cohort.

It's especially scary to think about this being Dianne Feinstein, who is equally ancient, and ending the Democratic majority until CA can get a replacement.

While I certainly won't shed a tear for a guy like Mitch McConnell, but don't actively want him or anyone else to die. I'd rather them just retire and get out of the way.

Feinstein is senile and needs to go, but CA would have her replaced in 15 minutes. 

• Hook 'Em 1