2022 Tour de Francis

Knoxtnhorn

From the reddit prediction thread for tomorrow lol

It’s another Vingo Pogi battle, everybody on edge going faster than ever. they climb and climb, eventually they hit the peak but keep climbing, into the sky, ripping a hole in space time they fuse together, creating vengaboy. Teleported to 1999 they find themselves climbing Alpe d'huez - they see him.. it’s Lance! Game on, they ride - but he is simply too strong.

Everything seems lost, but then, in the distance they see a boney shadow.

It’s GC Kuss - who’s been right behind them all this time. Elegantly he dances ahead of Lance and takes the stage.

12 minutes ago, G650 said:

Fucking spectator

Fucking idiots. How much more close to the riders do you need to be? That shit is so dangerous and hopefully that doesn’t end up putting any riders out. Those things are hard to forget. Besides the recent ones like “sign lady,”  I still vividly remember Thor Hushovd in a sprint finish wearing the yellow jersey getting lacerated by a spectator holding out one of those green PMU fans, and of course that Armstrong guy getting his handlers snagged on a spectators cheap musette in the way up Luz Ardiden. Kinda surprised we haven’t seen any significant jackassery or race interference involving drones. 

Third week Wout showed up a day early

30 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

LOL ... I'm old enough to remember when the cyclists (Hinnault) would fight the fans. Remember when Contador punched that guy?

Hinault was tougher than the striking dock workers.

Just now, Captain Ron said:

Pogacar doesn’t look great. JV should see if he can gap him. 

He looked very off yesterday body language wise. Thousand yard stare and not his usual joie d vivre. Will have to see how the rest day treats him, but I have pretty much been skeptical he can last three weeks after his lack of prep. I still think the Col De la Loze is going to be the Tour.

9 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

It’s going to be intriguing. With the margin just 10”, it could change things some. What is the weather forecast?

Yeah it definitely can. I suspect we see a swing of multiple minutes up on the Loze though.

• Hook 'Em 1