Just got back from Isla Mujeres

wood

Back to Isla, twice in 3 weeks. El Varadero mojito, ceviche, guacamole and Cuban sandwich stood out. Some new places that stood out in PN were Los Abuelos and Punto Norte for fish, aguachile, margaritas. New hotel, not recommended, was Playa La Media Luna. Restaurant Samura was all hat and no cattle, avoid the show you’ll pay dearly for. Food is meh.

Always a favorite on PN is Palapa Leidy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Heading back to Isla in June (haven't been since 2018) for a quick Thursday - Sunday run with the wife. Staying at Aluxes this time over Ixchel this go round after reading some of the more recent comments.

Is USA Transfer still the go to for transportation to the ferry?

We usually would rent the golf cart through Ciros. Is that still the play, or just get one through the hotel?

Glad to hear about El Varadero, we always enjoyed going there for a meal.

Thanks in advance!

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/18/2024 at 1:27 PM, Innocent Bystander II said:

Heading back to Isla in June (haven't been since 2018) for a quick Thursday - Sunday run with the wife. Staying at Aluxes this time over Ixchel this go round after reading some of the more recent comments.

Is USA Transfer still the go to for transportation to the ferry?

We usually would rent the golf cart through Ciros. Is that still the play, or just get one through the hotel?

Glad to hear about El Varadero, we always enjoyed going there for a meal.

Thanks in advance!

USA Tranfers or CARM

used Ciros last 2 trips

On 8/2/2023 at 8:49 AM, midtown said:

Anyone want to or have knowledge of the ability to bring gummies through CUN? 

Nurse likes to take a gummie, send her teen son to bed, put on music and spend a few hours being tied up.

You could hide 'em in the kid's camera bag to get through customs, the way my dipshit dumbass ex-BIL hid pot on my wife's sister's kid (no pics) a few years ago without telling anyone. Told everyone after we got to Cozumel. He thought it was cool and no big deal. I though the kid's dad was gonna break other BIL's neck right fucking there. I know I woulda if it had been my kid.

Edited by wood

2 hours ago, Hate said:

It’s Mexico. Finding weed if you really need it is not a problem. Seriously.

Este.

Heading back in July. Been a while. Can't wait. Got some good news re: the beach. Back in January 2023 I posted the photo below.

On 1/15/2023 at 5:49 PM, wood said:

Damn. I just checked the live webcam for the first time in a long time and I has a serious sad...

I've posted about the beach erosion on Playa Norte before, but got damn, it's really fucking shit up now. Look to the right, right next to Chimbo's. The beach has receded probably another 15-20 just since we weree there in March. Fucking hell.

Isla Mujeres live, Isla Mujeres - Webcams of Mexico - Google Chrome 1_15_2023 5_31_02 PM.png

Then the webcam was down for like a year. Webcam's back now, and so is the beach. Made my day. So we got that goin' for us ... which is nice.

Playa Norte live cam stream, Isla Mujeres - Google Chrome 4_24_2024 2_58_28 PM.png

On 2/1/2024 at 1:32 PM, Zepol87 said:

Gf getting her hair braided here so I’m chilling

IMG_9085.jpeg

IMG_9082.jpeg

Looks like you were at Oscar's. Good people there.

On 3/28/2024 at 12:28 PM, rage-a-holic said:

Holbox is like a smaller, shittier version of Tulum you need to take a ferry to. And the water is Gulf of Mexico, not Caribbean. 

Go to El Cuyo instead. Unless you enjoy crowds of douchey influencer types, then definitely stick with Holbox.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952fd035bpyptk7rsl3gk7

Edited by wood

We took a bunch of coke in a bunch of capsules and put them in a bottle of other men’s vitamins. wouldn’t do it again, too much stress.

If you get away from your wife or kid for approximately 10 seconds some guy or entrepreneurial women will ask you green or white and you shouldn’t have to meet anyone, set it up through the masseuse who jerks you.