Alt left thread of mockery

Ragnarok

15 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1052719309263384576

Antifa fuckhead in Portland tells widow of NYPD officer killed in 9/11 that her husband should rot in the grave.  (Not sure how to embed Twitter videos)

Vile.  Horrible.  That has nothing to do with politics and everything about who someone is as a human being.

Scientifically, he's right. That man should be rotting in the grave. Otherwise, we need to dig him up and do some research.

Non-flippantly...

If you go to someone else's city to promote white supremacy I really don't feel any sympathy for you or your use of your dead 9/11 cop husband as a shield to protect your bigotry. Her husband's sacrifice, whatever it was (we don't actually know), is completely irrelevant to anything going on in Portland and if you want to wave your husband's corpse around as a flag I don't know what anyone thinks the purpose is?

"Oh your husband died? Well I guess I'm glad you're here in my city to promote white supremacy!" Is that the proper reaction?

The guy was a tool. The woman needs to go home.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Scientifically, he's right. That man should be rotting in the grave. Otherwise, we need to dig him up and do some research.

Non-flippantly...

If you go to someone else's city to promote white supremacy I really don't feel any sympathy for you or your use of your dead 9/11 cop husband as a shield to protect your bigotry. Her husband's sacrifice, whatever it was (we don't actually know), is completely irrelevant to anything going on in Portland and if you want to wave your husband's corpse around as a flag I don't know what anyone thinks the purpose is?

"Oh your husband died? Well I guess I'm glad you're here in my city to promote white supremacy!" Is that the proper reaction?

The guy was a tool. The woman needs to go home.

Muh Both Sides!

24 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

He should have just punched her in the face, right bt?

Did she say/do Nazi stuff?

Face-punching should be reserved for blatant Nazi speech/acts/gear. MAGA hats should be stolen and burned in groups of laughing soyboys. Proud-boy-level white supremacists should just be yelled at a lot.

I've got a flowchart, you should come by my vegan co-op and check it out.

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Did she say/do Nazi stuff?

Face-punching should be reserved for blatant Nazi speech/acts/gear. MAGA hats should be stolen and burned in groups of laughing soyboys. Proud-boy-level white supremacists should just be yelled at a lot.

I've got a flowchart, you should come by my vegan co-op and check it out.

I still don’t understand why wearing the slogan of the POTUS justifies theft and/or battery.

24 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I still don’t understand why wearing the slogan of the POTUS justifies theft and/or battery.

Why does the fact that its the slogan of the POTUS matter? A presidents above reproach? Can a president not be a promoter of white supremacy?

24 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Why does the fact that its the slogan of the POTUS matter? A presidents above reproach? Can a president not be a promoter of white supremacy?

Okay; let’s redact the fact that it’s the duly and democratically elected Presidents slogan (irrespective of tacit or lowkey promotion of white supremacy).

why is wearing a maga hat or shirt justified in theft and/or battery?

just curious if you advocate for the same criminal behaviors on other items of clothing that are worn by predominantly white republicans, like say Confederate flag shirt or Patagonia vests lol, or if it’s specific to a political slogan.

Edited by Guest

15 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

just curious if you advocate for the same criminal behaviors on other items of clothing that are worn by predominantly white republicans, like say Confederate flag shirt or Patagonia vests lol, or if it’s specific to a political slogan.

Make America Great Again is blatantly white supremacist slogan and movement, as clearly evidenced by its gleeful adoption by open white supremacists. Every popular action against that slogan is Cool & Good. (Not government action; popular action.)

There is some kind of vague confusion around Battle flags as they (obviously) have a much longer history during which varying meanings have been set, so I'm not automatically OK with those being stolen and burned. I ain't mad at it, though.

Vineyard Vines belts aren't the same thing.

• Like 2

For a while there, swastikas were all the rage as political symbols.   

6t3Y8b.gif

Don't be surprised when your MAGA hat represents stealing kids from their parents and putting them in kiddie concentration camps, undermining fundamental American values, blatant self-promotion and corruption, that it'll piss some people off.  And those people may get angry about that.  It doesn't make it right, but it is real.

1 minute ago, Chad Fuck said:

6t3Y8b.gif

Don't be surprised when your MAGA hat represents stealing kids from their parents and putting them in kiddie concentration camps, undermining fundamental American values, blatant self-promotion and corruption, that it'll piss some people off.  And those people may get angry about that.  It doesn't make it right, but it is real.

Honestly. Do you believe that? Lower/Middle income people are sick of how The Left is ashamed of America so they pledge to "Make America Great Again" = concentration camps?

Chad, man...you're smarter than that.

7 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

6t3Y8b.gif

"It doesn't make it right", but to some, like bad_teammate and many more likeminded, it's fine, good and right. That's the curious thing. As a practical matter, I don't care as I'll never wear a MAGA hat or anything of the sort, but as a purely mental masturbation exercise, it's interesting to see where people land on violence and thresholds for employing such measures (and why). It's especially interesting because you have posters like Hugo who are banging the drum for a coming violent comeuppance of the MAGA-class. I'm just curious how/when/why that will begin in some peoples minds, and I guess it starts with sponsoring, applauding or otherwise encouraging theft/assault/battery against those wearing MAGA clothes.

Edited by Guest

14 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Honestly. Do you believe that? Lower/Middle income people are sick of how The Left is ashamed of America so they pledge to "Make America Great Again" = concentration camps? 

the fucking irony is overwhelming...

9 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

How do you think it started there?   Hitler didn't start out murdering millions.  He started by feeding the malcontents on fear and angst.  

We ALREADY take kids away from parents and put them in camps where they may never see each other again.  On OUR watch.  Under OUR flag.  Under MAGA hats.  And that's just one of many anti-democratic, anti-American actions taken by this administration.   That's shameful.  And if you're ashamed of it, you goddamned well should be.  

You're smarter than that.  

20 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

"It doesn't make it right", but to some, like bad_teammate and many more likeminded, it's fine, good and right. That's the curious thing. As a practical matter, I don't care as I'll never wear a MAGA hat or anything of the sort, but as a purely mental masturbation exercise, it's interesting to see where people land on violence and thresholds for employing such measures (and why). It's especially interesting because you have posters like Hugo who are banging the drum for a coming violent comeuppance of the MAGA-class. I'm just curious how/when/why that will begin in some peoples minds, and I guess it starts with sponsoring, applauding or otherwise encouraging theft/assault/battery against those wearing MAGA clothes.

Like a president who sponsors, applauds or otherwise encourages violence against protestors and journalists?  Like that?  The rot and incivility is coming from the top.  Clear your eyes. 

15 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Like a president who sponsors, applauds or otherwise encourages violence against protestors and journalists?  Like that?  The rot and incivility is coming from the top.  Clear your eyes. 

I agree, a fish rots from the head after all. So the game....is afoot. Let the bloody revolution begin?

2 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

"It doesn't make it right", but to some, like bad_teammate and many more likeminded, it's fine, good and right. That's the curious thing.

Why are small acts of rebellion against fascism "curious"?

I'm just curious how/when/why that will begin in some peoples minds, and I guess it starts with sponsoring, applauding or otherwise encouraging theft/assault/battery against those wearing MAGA clothes.

If the fascists continue to be openly fascist and promote fascism, yes, absolutely. It is only the institutions of democracy and the norms of democratic society that keep us from settling political disputes with violence. Destroy the institutions and nullify the norms and... guess what...

If the fascists continue to be openly fascist and promote fascism, yes, absolutely. It is only the institutions of democracy and the norms of democratic society that keep us from settling political disputes with violence. Destroy the institutions and nullify the norms and... guess what...

You’re the one repeatedly advocating violence against people based on what they think and say. Responding to free speech with violence. Advocating violence. Against people who disagree with you. Violence. You.

That is actual fascism.

15 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

You’re the one repeatedly advocating violence against people based on what they think and say. Responding to free speech with violence. Advocating violence. Against people who disagree with you. Violence. You.

That is actual fascism.

No, that's not what fascism is. "Fascism" is a word with a meaning. Fascism is not a synonym for "bad stuff I don't like". (Scroll up for the distinction between popular violence and state violence.)

Fascism is hyper-nationalist authoritarianism.

I advocate neither nationalism nor authoritarianism. (Again, these words have actual meanings and aren't just synonyms for "bad stuff I don't like".)

How to deal with fascists:

If the fascist is at least trying to hide it:
- Protest in overwhelming numbers
- Doxx

If the fascist is openly wearing Nazi gear, heiling, or using Nazi slogans:
- Protest in overwhelming numbers
- Doxx
- Punch face

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Digame.

if we were to talk about patagonia and brand synergy, we'd talk about.... Subaru, REI, Whole Foods, Starbucks... maybe some more crossover outdoorsy brands like Yeti.  100% balls on accurate that Patagonia is wypipo, i'm sure you (yourself) see a lot of it in conservative circles (that are youngish and suburban and professional), but it's definitely not associated with conservatives.  Specifically the ubiquitous patagonia vest I see and wait for the person to say "I work in tech.  Sales."

54 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

if we were to talk about patagonia and brand synergy, we'd talk about.... Subaru, REI, Whole Foods, Starbucks... maybe some more crossover outdoorsy brands like Yeti.  100% balls on accurate that Patagonia is wypipo, i'm sure you (yourself) see a lot of it in conservative circles (that are youngish and suburban and professional), but it's definitely not associated with conservatives.  Specifically the ubiquitous patagonia vest I see and wait for the person to say "I work in tech.  Sales."

Dang. [Insert the red 100 emoji that black people use on twitter and instagram, maybe a couple of them"]

I'm good with laughing at anyone pulling stupid shit, preferably when they exhibit a stunning lack of self-awareness.  But I gotta say, the efforts by folks on the right to be funny when mocking the left have a pretty low hit rate.  Seriously, the funniest mockery of the left -- and it makes me chuckle every time I see it -- was an unforced error BY the left:

2D10230060-domeniconbcEE001D8D-F10C-D127

Come on -- that's one of the funniest goddamned images to come out in the last 20 years.  THAT'S what we need more of.  Make me laugh, people.

• Like 2