USMNT 2023

ztejas

Lalas is putting it on a little thick but I agree he's gotten better. He's been smarter off ball and has made better decisions - even in the Jamaica game. Both of those finishes tonight were really impressive regardless of opponent.

He's a solid depth piece moving forward. I'm not sure we ever actually experiment with him on the wing or as an AM but there are worse back up 9s to have. 

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I didn’t realize (remember?) that Zendejas was an FC Dallas Academy grad who even played 8 games for the full squad. 

He is not good. 

He has some quality he just hasn't been good this tournament.

I thought he looked good in his first games with us. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Lalas is putting it on a little thick but I agree he's gotten better. He's been smarter off ball and has made better decisions - even in the Jamaica game. Both of those finishes tonight were really impressive regardless of opponent.

He's a solid depth piece moving forward. I'm not sure we ever actually experiment with him on the wing or as an AM but there are worse back up 9s to have. 

theres no such thing as depth at the 9

nines don't really get subbed out apart from performance issues. Theres first team minutes and ancillary tournament minutes. If Captain Jack Minnow gets first team minutes in a real competition, we're fucked.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1