USMNT 2023

ztejas

I'm cool with this because it certainly wasn't anything that I didn't partly think was heading this way. I at least was thinking MAYBE when he was healthy, he would work his way back into the starting 11 or at least a significant contributing role. His play in the Nations League showed he was pretty much 100% good to go. But since then he's gotten few chances, 6 matches played, 3 appearances (barely 2 were late subs). Even before that it was 2 appearances in 4 games.

Terzic is clearly a fool. Dortmund's form is pretty shit right now, he should be mixing everything up to find a winning formula, especially with a talent like Gio. Instead he's freezing him out.

Last 5 Bundesliga - 1 W, 1 D, 3 L. You mix in other competitions, you get 2 wins and a draw in the UCL but also a KO of the DFB-Polk.

Like I said - let's see what the team did with him when he showed he could go - Well he showed it (twice with the USMNT) and the manager kind of shit on him.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

That defense doesn't help him. Spurs were all over them in the game and it put pressure on him to make plays, which he kind of failed at.

That said, he shouldn't have made that pass and he should have made the save.

I’ve only seen one and a half games of him this season and he had one of the dumbest plays I’ve ever seen against Liverpool and today wasn’t much better. 

Nebbish guy who does the "It's Called Soccer" YouTube channel (formerly "FIFAmerica") does a simulation of USMNT+ players from our player pool and makes them a team in the Premier League. He then takes out one of the worst teams in the league so that the US players are one of the 20 teams, but have fewer cupcakes.

He then uses various managers to see who could get the best out of our players and whether our players have the potential to make it to any of the three European competitions.

Some may be surprised to learn that Gregg Berhalter sucks ass.

4A784X2

I so fucking hate Berhalter.

I hope that someday the depth of his incompetence is revealed for all sports entities in the US to see and report on to the general population.

• Rage+1 2

Things getting spicy at Dortmund:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ussoccer/s/QRDjh0RAQd

Reus led a coup against Terzic to get him fired (allegedly)

Players unhappy with Terzic at Dortmund. [Bild] Marco Reus is considered the possible leader of a coup attempt against coach Terzic at BVB. Despite previous ties between the two, Reus' actions were seen as deliberate foul play. Terzic responded by benching Reus for the full match against Mainz.

Edited by The Dog

Pulisic is becoming our first Euro star at this point. He's been arguably the best player for a giant club this season and arguably the best RW in Serie A. Even at his best he was never this good for Chelsea - his all-around attacking game, decision-making and ability to track back and put in a high effort level on D on top of it all has made him an invaluable presence for Milan. Yesterday was his 2nd match with the only goal in a 1-0 win for Milan.

If you scroll down to the individual leaders section for Serie A this season it's literred with Pulisic's name. 

https://fbref.com/en/comps/11/Serie-A-Stats

He's tied 5th for G+A, he's 9th in G+A/90, 7th in non-PK G+A/90... on and on...

They rolled the dice a bit but so far it's been a fantastic signing for Milan. They're getting 50M-60M production from 25M spent.

• Hook 'Em 2

It was infuriating just how misused CP was at Chelsea, and I say that as a Chelsea fan.

But bringing him on the cheap was a genius piece of business for Gerry Cardinale and Redbird Capital. CP is already one of the best players in Italy and over the next 18 months I expect CP will be the biggest (Non-Messi) face of the US-hosted 2026 World Cup, bringing in plenty of $ for himself and ownership.

• Like 1