2023 Texas Softball - Back to WCWS

Js1

48 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

that’s shit awareness right there by Corona.  She just walked the previous batter on 4 pitches and you swing at the first pitch, which is probably high.  At least borderline. 

sucks - I'm sure she wants so badly to take advantage of her limited opportunities.  It's hard to be patient. 

3 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

I think it’s fielding.  115th in fielding, 26th in ER/.  Mac showed yesterday she is good enough to be that pitcher.  Holding them to 1 run in 6 innings is pretty special.  

Agree. But I think I’ve just resigned myself to the fact we will always suck at fielding under White. He recruits hitters and perhaps figures he can teach them to field.  He can’t. (See Scott, Mia).  It’s part of his MO. 

But the pitching is a real head scratcher to me given his background. 

Moving on, we need sweeps of ISU and Kansas before taking on OSU at home. 

• Like 1

Texas has to shake off getting swept by OU as they head to Ames for a 3 game series starting tomorrow, due to Easter Sunday.

ISU is 12-19 overall and 1-5 in Big 12 play - extra inning win over Tech in Lubbock to open the series, then lost the rest, and were swept by OU

They seem to play well in the first game - only lost 3-0 to OU to open the series, then got run-ruled in games 2 and 3 (outscored 23-3).  Beat Tech to open the series, then lost the next two 8-4 and 7-5. 

They do not have a single signature win on their schedule.  We *should* roll easily through Ames. 

Texas strikes first. 3-0 in the third 

Scott singles, makes it to 3rd on the Washington single and scores on an errant throw 

Martinez follows with a 2 run HR to center 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Handling business against a bad team all series. Easier said than done, so I appreciate this effort especially after getting swept last week 

If we can do it against Kansas too, that’s 9 Big 12 wins. 2-1 versus Baylor and 1-2 versus OSU would be a nice 12-6 conference season, as basically we all figured it would be. Sweep Baylor or take 2/3 from OSU and surprise at 13-5 instead 

Texas drops a spot to 11th in RPI.  I don't see us falling out of hosting a regional.  I just don't foresee us being top 8 unless we take 2/3 from OSU and sweep Baylor.

Still left to play:

#39 Texas State (A)
#59 Kansas (H)
#2 Ok State (H)
#257 UTSA (H)
#137 Sam Houston (H)
#19 Baylor (1 H, 2 A)

We do have more wins so far than teams ahead of us - Stanford has 31, Duke has 30, Washington has 29, Tennessee has 30 and Louisiana has 30.  We are 2-3 against RPI top 10 - 2 wins over Louisiana and 3 losses to OU.  Expanding it out, we are 3-4 against the top 12 (1-1 versus Bama), 3-5 versus the top 14 (loss to Northwestern), 3-5-1 versus the top 20 (tie against Kentucky) and 4-6-1 versus the top 25 (1-1 versus Virginia Tech). 

We really need to sweep Baylor and grab 1 or 2 from OSU to even be in discussion about a top 8 seed and a couple of top 8 teams to stumble.  Just want to either hit that top 8 or stay in the 9-12 range and avoid OU, OSU, UCLA. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, orangeut said:

JS1, Surlyhorns needs to put you on the payroll with all of the information & insight that you provide for us.  Thanks and well done

I have enough Best Buy coupons, thanks 

• Haha 3