2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

I didn’t say he was good. But he’s been better than Meyers. And way more versatile defensively. 
The question is why Meyers....who plays OF....keeps playing. The answer is because he is a better option....to play the position he plays, which is OF, than Julks or Dubon.

Dubon being able to play 1st or 2nd or ss doesn't have any impact on why Meyers is playing OF over him
  • Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, Scraps said:

The question is why Meyers....who plays OF....keeps playing. The answer is because he is a better option....to play the position he plays, which is OF, than Julks or Dubon.

Dubon being able to play 1st or 2nd or ss doesn't have any impact on why Meyers is playing OF over him

Then why does Dusty consistently pinch hit for Meyers in the 8th and 9th innings? With Dubon being one of those pinch hitters?

19 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Not sure why i am even entertaining your dumbass with a response but that has literally happened 1 time in the month of August being 3 days ago

Dude. I’m too lazy to do it, but if you put Dubon’s slash line next to Meyers, you would understand the possibility that he might be the better option. 

Meyers might be better on defense. But it’s not by much. 

Dude. I’m too lazy to do it, but if you put Dubon’s slash line next to Meyers, you would understand the possibility that he might be the better option. 

Meyers might be better on defense. But it’s not by much. 
Yes Meyers has a higher OBP/SLG/OPS/OPS+

Dubon has like 30 pt higher BA

Anything else?
  • Hook 'Em 1

When/if Brantley comes back, Meyers will be collecting splinters. 
Which is what needs to happen.

Both Meyers and Dubon suck. Back to original question of why is Meyers playing so much is because he is currently best option (out of shit)

Brantley/Yordan fix this issue when Brantley comes back

1 minute ago, Scraps said:
3 minutes ago, Overlord said:
Dubon has a 1.7 WAR
Meyers has a 1.6 WAR
Boom goes the dynamite. 

Do you even know what is factored into WAR?

I agree with you that they both suck. 

It could be easily put to bed if Yordan would play left field. But that’s dangerous. He could stub his toe running off the field. And miss 2 months. 

Or the opposing bastard team could pop fireworks again when he’s out there. This could cause Yordan to get lightheaded. He missed two games for just such an event. 

Yordan bats better when he plays the field. 

But the juice isn’t worth the squeeze.