Are you looking for a job in Dallas? Are you white?

Foosters

16 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Oops. Should they not have done that?

In all seriousness, this shit goes on all the time, for all races. Sometimes the company needs to increase their minority % and HR will only pass on POC resumes to hiring managers. Sometimes it's whites only.

This HR person done fucked up and didn't review the posting before hitting Upload. If this goes viral, I'm betting that he/she will be fired tomorrow.

I’m betting Berkshire-Hathaway isn’t going to renew their contract.

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I think the no Catholics just about covers the dagos and the Irish, no?

Well, there’s the French. (My maternal side).

3 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Can someone explain the HTC/Berkshire Hathaway connection?  Do they own the hiring company?  Or is the hiring company hiring someone to do a project for them?

Either looking for a contractor or they are just a third party headhunting firm helping them find candidates. 

So now it was a "junior recruiter who fucked up":

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

No way in hell is that legit in this day and age. My first thought was it was a hit job, sabotage by a competitor or disgruntled employee. 

In this day and age? Have you not been paying attention to what's going on lately in this day and age?

24 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Either looking for a contractor or they are just a third party headhunting firm helping them find candidates. 

So now it was a "junior recruiter who fucked up":

The recruiter was fired because they left the quiet part in the ad, not because they added it in.

And I'd bet real cash money that the recruiter left it in on purpose.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

The recruiter was fired because they left the quiet part in the ad, not because they added it in.

And I'd bet real cash money that the recruiter left it in on purpose.

Maybe the junior recruiter got fired because he refused to recruit for a client who asked for White candidates and posted this as retaliation. Maybe it was a the junior recruiter  who didn't review the posting before uploading. In between the mixed messages, I don't think anyone knows what the real story is.

If this posting was real, the focus shouldn't be on the recruiting firm. The focus should be on the client hiring manager which made the request. But let's be honest, I've seen it work both ways. I've had reqs which internal HR only sent POC candidates. Anyone who manages in a bigger company in corporate America knows that HR tracks race and gender metrics. The Whites only request is usually delivered verbally. Only an idiot would write that request.

Edited by crash_davis

50 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

In this day and age? Have you not been paying attention to what's going on lately in this day and age?

Still don't believe it's legit. What I mean by "this day and age", is would anybody really post something like that knowing the hell storm it would bring?

Also on a personal note,I'd hoped that by the time I reached my age all that bullshit, legit or otherwise would be a thing of the past. I would love to mudhole a mother fucker over trash like that.

Yes, I know, wish in one hand and crap in the other etc etc.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Still don't believe it's legit. What I mean by "this day and age", is would anybody really post something like that knowing the hell storm it would bring?

Also on a personal note,I'd hoped that by the time I reached my age all that bullshit, legit or otherwise would be a thing of the past. I would love to mudhole a mother fucker over trash like that.

Yes, I know, wish in one hand and crap in the other etc etc.

You don't believe it is real because you don't think hiring managers would make a request that the recruiter only sends him White US born candidates? Really?

What causes me pause is some idiot writing US Born White on the job posting details. Only an idiot would write down that request. The smart hiring managers make that request verbally. I know a lady who worked in corporate HR and recruiting firms her whole life. There aren't many but she has a few stories about requests like this. Usually it is a coded request, "No Accents, No hard to pronounce names." Some just straight up request White Males only.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

You don't believe it is real because you don't think hiring managers would make a request that the recruiter only sends him White US born candidates? Really?

What causes me pause is some idiot writing US Born White on the job posting details. Only an idiot would write down that request. The smart hiring managers make that request verbally. I know a lady who worked in corporate HR and recruiting firms her whole life. There aren't many but she has a few stories about requests like this. Usually it is a coded request, "No Accents, No hard to pronounce names." Some just straight up request White Males only.

Yeah, I guess it's the writing down part that causes the shock. You've got to remember that until I was laid off last March I worked for the same company for 42 years. Never had any experience with recruiters or hiring outside of our company bubble.  Hell, I've never created a resume until last April. All I know is if that had occurred on my watch, and I knew or found out about it all hell would have broken loose.

Yes I've lived a very blessed, lucky and sheltered life I guess...

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

So nobody knows crap except that this thing actually got posted. Surly can confirmation bias and fill in the rest while armed with the outrage of your flavor.

You mean the two disparate responses from the company should quiet any discussion?

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

So nobody knows crap except that this thing actually got posted. Surly can confirmation bias and fill in the rest while armed with the outrage of your flavor.

Basically. It's possible the company's story is true. It's possible that the alternative, that a recruiter was terminated for retaliation. And it's possible that both more or less occurred. Both possibilities are plausible and precedented. [don't post this part]

I mean, obviously this is a racist bitch retaliating; it's a good thing this didn't happen in California, or that fucking hiring manager would get nuked from orbit.