Offseason thread- what is your favorite college football blowout?

qwertyu1234

On 6/27/2018 at 1:57 PM, South Austin said:

That 2008 game against Mizzou was one of the loudest home games I've been to, at least until the second half when, as tokamak said, we were on cruise control.  We had just knocked off No. 1 OUsux the week before to take the top ranking and the place was nuts.

Best blowout I attended in person. I'm surprised when I look it up the halftime score was only 35-3, felt like more. Loudest game I ever attended too. One poor Mizzou fan with facepaint and everything sat right next to me in a massive sea of orange, I felt bad for him.

I followed college football for almost 50 years so I have several favorite blowouts.  If I have to pick only one, it would be SMU  beating Cougar High 41-16 in 1992. Greatest revenge game ever!!   One of the best side stories was that the SMU team gave the game ball to Jerry Glanville  who  I believes ran up the score on aggy Pardee in 1990. 

SMI Turns It Around On Houston

Edited by RC Horn

Best blowout I attended in person. I'm surprised when I look it up the halftime score was only 35-3, felt like more. Loudest game I ever attended too. One poor Mizzou fan with facepaint and everything sat right next to me in a massive sea of orange, I felt bad for him.
That was one hell of a ride that season starting with the OU game.

On 7/2/2018 at 12:49 PM, FWD said:

best Tech blowout was 70-10 over Nebraska, with 60 pts being the biggest loss in Husker history.

or

70-35 over TCU after we spotted them 21 points.

I guess everyone has a Nebraska story. After decades of domination they were flat fucking terrible for a while. We beat Neby for the first time in 40 years or something in 2002 with Lester Miles, then this fun blowout under Gundy in 2007. They didn’t even score until the fourth quarter. Tied for worst home loss ever for Nebraska at the time.

815d34f6290afb2c416f8a1f2248c396.png

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
On 7/2/2018 at 2:49 PM, FWD said:

That was one hell of a ride that season starting with the OU game.

We rolled into Austin for the Texas Missouri game, exit 35 to turn right on MLK and there's a dude standing there waving a big UT flag and hollering and flashing the Hook em Horns at cars who were honking back. 

It was Friday. 

At that moment I knew DKRTMS was going to be absolutely lit for that Mizzou game. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TornACL said:

We rolled into Austin for the Texas Missouri game, exit 35 to turn right on MLK and there's a dude standing there waving a big UT flag and hollering and flashing the Hook em Horns at cars who were honking back. 

It was Friday. 

At that moment I knew DKRTMS was going to be absolutely lit for that Mizzou game. 

Yeah the hype of that game was nuts especially after our OU win. Mizzou was ranked pretty high, too. I expected a very tense, close game. But we came out and pushed their shit in from the beginning. Glorious. 

On 6/25/2018 at 11:15 PM, Laga4 said:

I know it's Bama,  but I was so glad they beat Mia in the 1993 Sugar Bowl,  plus Gene Stallings was the Bama coach.  

It wasn't even close,  Bama dominated the game against the #1 Hurricanes.  

George Teague ripping the ball out of the Mia receivers hands was  greatness.

Fuck Mia. 

That was without Bama having much of a passing game at all. Was not the QB fault though, they designed it that way. The very next year they opened up the passing game with the same QB and he won one of the QB awards. The defense just did all the damage against the Canes. On every snap, all 11 defenders were within 3 yards of the LOS, then some would drop out right before the snap, others played a shallow zone and others blitzed. Genius defense for a one time thing. Torretta looked like a deer in headlights for most of that game. Their only TD was on a kick return.

On 6/27/2018 at 3:21 AM, Butch Had Not said:

That 1990 cougar high game. The hype for Houston was unreal.  Klingler was an absolute machine in the run and shoot. The loudest crowd in my memory in Austin.  It was perfect. 

Just watched this game on LHN.  Coog just scored a TD with 24 seconds left in the game to make the score 45-24 Texas.  Receiver and 2 team mates do a little victory dance in the end zone.  Jerks.

I know y’all hate the Sooners (no shit) but can we create some sort of Big 12/ OU Texas rant? We have the best rivalry in the country. It permeates throughout the region. It would be cool to have some connected banter throughout the fan bases in the region. The dog days of summer are killing me.