Countdown To Kickoff.........

Steamboat1874

Check out this article from USA TODAY:
Is beer sold at college football games? Here's where you can buy it during the 2023 season.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2023/09/01/beer-college-football-games-where-to-buy-2023-season/70730133007/

Hmmm…not all schools sell beer…
Having spent a lot of time in their state, Wisconsin not selling beer is a shock.

Got an email a few minutes ago that manufacturing and production delays are causing us not to get the brand new 2023 season ticket setbacks for this season.  LHF says it's going to give us the old setbacks and refund us the increase in price.  Anyone else get that?  I wonder if it's for everyone or just the poors like me sitting in the poor sections.

2 hours ago, Zone Read said:

Got an email a few minutes ago that manufacturing and production delays are causing us not to get the brand new 2023 season ticket setbacks for this season.  LHF says it's going to give us the old setbacks and refund us the increase in price.  Anyone else get that?  I wonder if it's for everyone or just the poors like me sitting in the poor sections.

I got it too…section 8. 

If you were the Texas head coach, what would you work on against Rice? Would you just run up the score, work on the passing game, or work on the running game? What would you want to show Alabama and what would you not want to show Alabama? How would all that affect the final score against Rice and would you worry about fan reaction?

Excited to watch "AntHill" 

Screenshot_20230902-105900_kindlephoto-10003614.png.5c2db39dac160b6ccc059e3e056fb999.png

AA1aESiP.img?w=800&h=415&q=60&m=2&f=jpg

Anthony Hill Jr

"Anthony Hill Jr. is every bit the five-star player we expected. If defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski allows him to play, Saturday will reveal just how good he already is as a freshman. The Rice game a big opportunity for Hill to work toward seizing one of the 11 starting defensive positions."

ZERO DAYS...   IT'S GAMEDAY !!!  🤘

Screenshot_20230902-105614_kindlephoto-9838230.png.7782155f7f3957a2f86c0fb00e537578.png

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, cochamps said:

That is as good as (maybe better) than the Bill Bradley coin toss story vs aggy.  Awesome!

The Aggies had beaten Texas in 1967 by a 10-7 margin, and they surprised the world with Gene Stallings as their coach. They won the Southwest Conference football championship and they went to the Cotton Bowl where they upset the Alabama Crimson Tide, 20-16. One of the most famous NFL Quarterbacks of all time played for Alabama that season, Kenny Stabler, so the Aggies win was huge.

Texas was out for revenge for 1967. They were mad and they were ready.

Bill Bradley at the coin toss was asked when Texas won the toss if they  wanted to take the ball or if they wanted to choose to defend a particular goal. Bradley said, according to legend, “we don’t give a shit”. 

The game official was shocked as he had never heard anything like that before. No, he said, you have to make a choice and Bradley, again supposedly, said “we don’t really give a damn” and then quickly said “ah, hell, we’ll take the damn football”. I’m not sure how much of that is truth or how much is legend but it was a cool story and showed how upset the Horns were with their rivals, the Aggies, and how confident they were as well.

Aggie legend Quarterback Ed Hargett, who was a star in the 1968 Cotton Bowl,  threw the ball 45 times that day and Bill Bradley picked off 4 of them which tied a Southwest Conference record. Ironically, Bill Bradley had thrown 4 Interceptions against the Aggies the previous year in the Aggie win. Bradley had at least redeemed himself a little bit for the 1967 collapse.

Texas cruised to a 35-14 win and Royal emptied the benches in the second half letting guys that hadn’t played much that season get some playing time.

Really interesting info about Freddie in this article where I pulled above info on Bradley.

https://collegefootballcrazy.com/freddie-steinmark-part-2/ 

Edited by LTtxfan