Holiday Bowl suing PAC 12 and UC Regents

cochamps

Suing related to UCLA's cancelation of the 2019 Holiday Bowl citing COVID 19 cocerns, requesting at least $3 million in compensatory damages.  Perhaps the Gator Bowl should be next for aggy chickening out vs Wake Forest.  I think there were two or three others.

We didn't close things down until March 2020.  I don't remember hearing much about COVID until January 2020.  So not sure how the 2019 Holiday Bowl would have been affected or anyone concerned at that time. I assume you mean the 2020 Holiday Bowl?

Edited by EuroHorn

OP's dates are wrong.

There are two lawsuits, for the 2021 and 2021 Holiday Bowls

2021 - UCLA pulls out at the last second, costing the bowl millions

2022 - Holiday Bowl goes as planned but they decide not to pay out the Pac-12 to cover most of previous year's cancellation, and calls it a wash despite still losing money.

Pac-12 is suing for the 2022 payment, so Holiday Bowl is now suing for the 2021 debt.

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Js1 said:

That damn 2019 pandemic!

I mean it is called COVID-19 and not COVID-20 for a reason...just not any reason thats pertinent to the canceled Holiday Bowl and this hilarious lawsuit. Theres an article floating around out there about this and at the very end theres a nugget that UCLA called up the Holiday Bowl committee a few weeks later and asked for their bowl gift bags to be mailed to LA...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, EuroHorn said:

We didn't close things down until March 2020.  I don't remember hearing much about COVID until January 2020.  So not sure how the 2019 Holiday Bowl would have been affected or anyone concerned at that time. I assume you mean the 2020 Holiday Bowl?

When Covid first came out of the closet I remember thinking that it was no big deal, probably just something for the news to talk about. I still vividly remember watching ESPN when the ticker came across the bottom of the screen and said that the NCAA tournament was canceled. “Ok, now you have my attention.”  

2 hours ago, gatormarc said:

OP's dates are wrong.

There are two lawsuits, for the 2021 and 2021 Holiday Bowls

2021 - UCLA pulls out at the last second, costing the bowl millions

2022 - Holiday Bowl goes as planned but they decide not to pay out the Pac-12 to cover most of previous year's cancellation, and calls it a wash despite still losing money.

Pac-12 is suing for the 2022 payment, so Holiday Bowl is now suing for the 2021 debt.

Shitshow lol. But I guess this is a way to stick it to UCLA (even if it hits Berkeley too).

3 hours ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Theres an article floating around out there about this and at the very end theres a nugget that UCLA called up the Holiday Bowl committee a few weeks later and asked for their bowl gift bags to be mailed to LA...

San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl — NC State vs. UCLA

• Gift suite, fleece hoodie sweatshirt, short sleeve T-shirt, long-sleeve T-shirt

5 hours ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

I mean it is called COVID-19 and not COVID-20 for a reason...just not any reason thats pertinent to the canceled Holiday Bowl and this hilarious lawsuit. Theres an article floating around out there about this and at the very end theres a nugget that UCLA called up the Holiday Bowl committee a few weeks later and asked for their bowl gift bags to be mailed to LA...

That's just embarrassing.