Arsenal FC 2023-24: Passion, Energy, Clarity

shadow_operative

• Rice is worth every penny.  He was massive.
  • Ødegaard, Eddie, and Jesus ran their asses off.
  • “Rolls Royce Saliba” had Haaland in his pocket all match.  
  • And Martinelli. So so damn good to have him back. Both shots on target in 2H were his. I scared my dog.
  • Super Mik knew exactly what we needed. The subs were all involved in the buildup to the goal. 

What a win, boys. What a win. Let’s build on it. 

Let’s fucking go, you Gunners. Lets. Fucking. Go. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

The start of this season has been a bit uneven.  Arsenal has had 2 really good performances, the first champions league match and the Bournemouth match.   Between injuries (lots and lots of them), trying to shoehorn Kai in, Raya v Ramsdale, etc…   But I just double checked and we are in first yet to lose in the prem at the 1/5 mark.  

Hopefully this international break we get some guys healthy.   I’ve missed seeing our best 3 up front and missed Partey. 

14 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

The start of this season has been a bit uneven.  Arsenal has had 2 really good performances, the first champions league match and the Bournemouth match.   Between injuries (lots and lots of them), trying to shoehorn Kai in, Raya v Ramsdale, etc…   But I just double checked and we are in first yet to lose in the prem at the 1/5 mark.  

Hopefully this international break we get some guys healthy.   I’ve missed seeing our best 3 up front and missed Partey. 

Yup.  For as disjointed as we have looked so far, we're a joint top and just a point behind last year's pace. I'll take it (don't blow a lead with Fulham down to 10 men and we're a point ahead.) Unlike last year (where we clicked from the jump and there was nowhere to go but down), we're far from near our potential and will only get better as Kai and Rice get more integrated into the side and dudes get healthy. I think our best XI will eventually include Rice and Partey in midfield. 

Get healthy, keep improving, and win the whole f'n thing.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dbecks said:

Was telling myself earlier… why isn’t Gabi starting if he’s fit enough to play?

Only guess is he's been been out ~ a month and isn't match-fit for 90 mins yet.  Definition of "impact sub" though. Hopefully he's over whatever he had, because we're so much more dangerous with him in the XI.

took a break to travel the world...of northeast travis county, lol. nah, i just needed some time off to get more focused on my health and my life goals, and i'm doing somewhat better and feel ready to get back into this mix. big game this weekend. chelsea is entering a world of pain. a world of pain!  COYG!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2