Liverpool FC 2023-24: Return of the Mac Allister

Firemans4Horn

3 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

that’s a new rule this year. Both Trent and Darwin’s are text book yellow cards under the new rule. We need to play smarter. 

If that’s the rule then so be it. But the Trent one is still insane given the two handed shove in his back 

41 minutes ago, mdmost said:

But of course.

This league is such a joke. For comparison the ref that elbowed Andy Robertson last year was not suspended at all and was an official for our game against Bournemouth. But Virgil was angry about a red so we will see time off.

Also this…

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Focusing on the positives,

At least we got some athletes in midfield. I think we’re severely lacking in defensive solidity but our transition game offensively (assuming it doesn’t start by picking the ball out of our net) should be fun. 

It's an old meme, but it checks out:

th?id=OIP.M6CHqGNXBLTyN1ARSbdBwwHaFy%26p

Edited by Cheeseweasel
  • Haha 1

I’d say it’s a B+ transfer window. A first-choice DM signing (i.e. not a 30 year-old “bargain” like Endo) would have taken it to an A- and a defender signing on top of it would have been an A+. I thought Gomez played well against Newcastle, but he has not consistently shown that sort of form for years now so any extended absences for VVD and/or Konate will put us in disarray unless Klopp is willing to nix the high line. Matip is simply too slow to maintain it and not get rinsed over-the-top and Gomez is just prone to brain farts.

ANDIELD QUESTION:

Why are these seats empty?

IMG_7048.thumb.jpeg.67ecb716cae7f8d08efe9c0c6fc07aee.jpeg

Are they construction zone adjacent?

Are they new?

It just struck me as odd that there would be an empty section in the PL.

SIDE NOTE:

In Argentina, due to the occasional deaths at fútbol matches, some stadiums (those of the biggest clubs) suspended ticket sales to the “away section” for a few years in an effort to reduce the seemingly seasonal killing due to fan on fan violence or reactional police officer shooting a fan in the face.