Star Wars Outlaws

Storm the Field

53 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Coming out next year for XBOX, PS5, and PC. Jedi Survivor type gameplay but you're a non-Jedi using a blaster. There's also ship combat.

Nah, this looks way better than Jedi Survivor which is really just a good looking Pitfall clone that crashes all the time.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ubisoft going to Ubisoft this one all to hell.

Base game is like 80 bucks. Another edition is 109 and a top edition is 120.

Then the big mission with Jabba the Hut is locked behind the season pass, for more money.

7 hours ago, YChang said:

Still remember growing up seeing $40 for a AAA title and thinking that was expensive. 

1991 was an expensive year for me - I bought both Falcon 3.0 (Electronic Boutique) and Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe (Babbages), and one or both of them was heavily delayed, and the only way I knew this was calling the store employees or going in and bugging them.

I think both games were $40 apiece (but if you bought them directly from the publishers, they were $80), but holy fuck, I ended up spending all of my paper route money for a huge chunk of the year on a 486/33 upgrade to my computer, along with an Adlib (which was a mistake).  Falcon set on my shelf for months until I got the upgrade and could actually play it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Ubisoft has done this enough to where I think it’s intentional. They will get some whales/suckers/parents of spoiled kids to pay the markup in the first year, but it wouldn’t surprise me if their economic modeling is based on the subsequent year and holiday season when the price drops to a reasonable level.