2023 Texas Volleyball - Back to Back!

Js1

On 11/9/2023 at 1:45 PM, Js1 said:

Ayden Ames is in.  Can't wait to see her next year.

https://tinyurl.com/yq2a2qxv

Ames, a 6-foot-4 attacker from Prosper in North Texas, announced last week her intentions to decommit from the Cornhuskers and pledge to Texas. She couldn’t make it official Wednesday by signing her national letter of intent because of ongoing clerical work but expressed her excitement at joining Texas on Thursday.

Edited by Cairn Horn88

Also that KSU loss hurts more now because WSU dropped another match last night. 

I’m over the loss though, because even last year’s Super Team didn’t finish conference play undefeated, and that was with Fleck and SKT and Eggleston. We ran into a hot (at home) KSU team in Manhattan and finally dropped a conference match we had been begging for with the slow starts. 

Neither of Elliot’s title teams finished Big 12 play undefeated. 

I honestly still think this was a pretty good coaching job by Elliott dependent on how the season finishes. 

A Big 12 title and top 6ish team with a FR setter, no real OH2, and Barnes not being near the type replacement we thought were getting defensively. This is a pretty flawed team but right there in the mix of things. 

Now, Elliott needs to do a better job in the portal this offseason and he is to blame for the flawed roster. I do think Parra was bad luck though based on playing time the last 2 years. Not much you can do about that when you have a national title roster. 

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I honestly still think this was a pretty good coaching job by Elliott dependent on how the season finishes. 

A Big 12 title and top 6ish team with a FR setter, no real OH2, and Barnes not being near the type replacement we thought were getting defensively. This is a pretty flawed team but right there in the mix of things. 

Now, Elliott needs to do a better job in the portal this offseason and he is to blame for the flawed roster. I do think Parra was bad luck though based on playing time the last 2 years. Not much you can do about that when you have a national title roster. 

Parra would be a solid part of this team if she was here, but she is not the physical, athletic OH2 we need now.  

Edited by ruitxn

• blacklab changed the title to 2023 Texas Volleyball - Back to Back!