Alabama woman abducted....or maybe not

jdhorn92

Weird story.  Woman sees toddler on side of the interstate outside Bham, stops to give aid, calls 911 and then calls her family.  During the family call, she screams and is not heard from again......Until she shows up at home 49 hours later.  No other reporting of drivers seeing a child on the interstate or her abductors.  Police have a lot of unanswered questions. 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/19/us/what-we-know-carlee-russell-alabama/index.html

• Hook 'Em 1

Umm...I'm leaning towards yes

“When first responders arrived on scene, they found Ms. Russell conscious and speaking and she was transported in that condition,” police said. “She was later treated and released from a local hospital.”

Russell’s mother told NBC that when she reunited with her daughter, they “tried to hug as best they could, but I had to stand back because she was not in a good state. So, we had to stand back and let medical professionals work with her.”

The one way bus ticket is really the only eye opening thing for me.  This isn't much more than just she searched Taken and she’s a petty thief.  So this isn’t the dumbest criminal like the lady that killed her husband and did all the “how long for a body to decompose” “how long to inherit” searches. 

Shockingly, all lies. 

Carlee Russell, the Alabama woman who went missing earlier this month after she reported seeing a toddler walking along the interstate, admitted to police Monday that she was not kidnapped and there was no child on the side of the road walking alone before she vanished for two days.

Russell’s admission, which ends a near two-week saga filled with more questions than answers, came in a statement through her attorney, Emory Anthony, and was sent to Hoover Police Chief Nick Derzis early Monday.

In a brief press conference Monday afternoon, Derzis read the statement in which Russell asked for forgiveness.

“My client apologizes for her actions to the community, the volunteers who were searching for her, to the Hoover Police Department and other agencies, as well as to her friends and family,’' Anthony wrote. “We ask for your prayers for Carlee as she addresses her issues.”

Derzis added that based on the facts announced last week, the department “knew it was a hoax” and said possible charges would be discussed with the local district attorney’s office on Tuesday.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/carlee-russell-disappearance-missing-black-women-alabama-kidnapping-190802810.html

If I'm correct about the Interstate location, that spot is one thin belt of woods away from a neighborhood. I figure there'd be a fence there but maybe she knew about a hole in it and had friends living nearby. Or maybe she just got in the trees and walked forward or backwards to the next exit. I don't expect the PD drone search was all that Sherlock Holmes-ian.

Before it came out that it was fake, I was running errands out that way, and thought about driving by to look, but I didn't want to tempt the Spirit World or the Bermuda Triangle Alabama Campus.