Game Day Experience 2023

Bullneck

6 hours ago, utexas8 said:

How does one get season tickets? Will it be impossible next year? Seats don’t matter too much just don’t want to be on top deck.

Season tickets go on sale in the spring. They sold out last year, but there are always some who don't renew. I think the cheapest seats were about $550/seat plus a minimum donation of maybe $150/seat to the Longhorn Foundation. 

Who knows if/how much prices go up with the move to the SEC next year.

2 hours ago, Magabro said:

I heard the students get blackballed if they don’t go to the games when they have tickets.

This is true for holders of the “Big Ticket”. If one “claims” their ticket to an event and no-shows it is my understanding that they get one mulligan.  If it happens again, they’re SOL the rest of the season.

Texas's home schedule this year:
Rice, Wyoming, Kansas, BYU, Kansas St, Texas Tech

Texas's home schedule next year:
OOC warmups Colorado St, UTSA, ULM ... then Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Miss St
Add road/neutral site games vs Arkansas, A&M, Michigan, OU, and Vanderbilt

Talk about upgrading the game day experience....

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Got last minute tickets to the Tech Ass Kicking. Got there late, but enjoyed being able to grab beer and slam it on my way to the gate. Section 124 was lit and the two Australian kids in Holiday that were enjoying my taunting Tech players and yelling the same thing was great and made me realize my influence on strangers. The view was solid, but the men's room situation was a bit long-lined

d79da930c03d899bfebf39faf7494d03.jpg8fdeb8930ff8a4f783af055de1215334.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Stay hating a great atmosphere because you want 1950s style gameday. 

Sorry, not everyone realized that the only opinions that mattered were those of ADHD babies raised by a 4 inch screen who need constant flashing lights and blaring music to distract them from the fact that they don’t actually enjoy watching the game.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Sorry, not everyone realized that the only opinions that mattered were those of ADHD babies raised by a 4 inch screen who need constant flashing lights and blaring music to distract them from the fact that they don’t actually enjoy watching the game.

Reality is that is majority of the stadium old and young. Hell part of the atmosphere is the use of those screens you’re trying to bitch about. Stay mad at a good atmosphere. Golf claps only in DKR. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

As a semi-old-fart, I'll say that maybe we should celebrate the end of the third quarter less and finish the game.  I looked like we got a damned delay-of-game penalty because of all the orange smoke all over the place that hadn't made its way off the field by the time play commenced.  Also, Wabash Cannonball > Don't Stop Believing. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, dcbc said:

As a semi-old-fart, I'll say that maybe we should celebrate the end of the third quarter less and finish the game.  I looked like we got a damned delay-of-game penalty because of all the orange smoke all over the place that hadn't made its way off the field by the time play commenced.  Also, Wabash Cannonball > Don't Stop Believing. 

Yeah I told my kid at the time it looked like the game was over.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 weeks later...

Texas Monthly Bum Steer award from 1987:

“AND THE WINNER IS . . . CUT! CUT!”
Radio station KEYI-FM in Austin conducted a promotion in which it gave away a Mazda RX-7 to the 103rd caller. The winner was Bob Cole, a disc jokey from competing station KOKE-FM.