This has been an awesome cfb season so far, right?

ztejas

I feel like almost every traditional power is relevant and there are a lot of good teams with each P5 conference having at least two CFP contenders - and not a lot separating the best 10 or 12 teams. There isn't a conference you can write off and there isn't a conference that feels like it's just going to steamroll in a CFP or Bowl setting. 

This seems like a better than average season so far with a high ratio of games that have CFP or conference title implications. 

I know Texas is nationally relevant for the first time in awhile - which makes me pay attention to the national landscape a bit more than usual - but I don't think it's just that. 

FYI - of the top 12 all-time wins leaders from FBS 11 are currently ranked. 

---

And - if that is the case - do we owe it to NIL?

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I feel like almost every traditional power is relevant and there are a lot of good teams with each P5 conference having at least two CFP contenders - and not a lot separating the best 10 or 12 teams. There isn't a conference you can write off and there isn't a conference that feels like it's just going to steamroll in a CFP or Bowl setting. 

This seems like a better than average season so far with a high ratio of games that have CFP or conference title implications. 

I know Texas is nationally relevant for the first time in awhile - which makes me pay attention to the national landscape a bit more than usual - but I don't think it's just that. 

FYI - of the top 12 all-time wins leaders from FBS 11 are currently ranked. 

---

And - if that is the case - do we owe it to NIL?

I think that NIL AND the portal are finally taking effect by now.

• Like 1

Gone are the days of programs stockpiling and hoarding all the talent. With NIL and the portal, players will go to teams they normally wouldn't have because of playing time and money. They aren't going to sit on the bench just because that team is a national title contender. This will even the playing field over time. And the expanded playoffs will make the regular reason even more interesting.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Any season with multiple Jimbo press conferences after losses is glorious. I study them like a Talmudic scholar studying the Dead Sea Scrolls. 
Have you seen transcripts of his pressers? I wouldn't want to be the person tasked with adding commas and punctuation to his epic run on sentences and gibberish. I read them in Boomhauers voice every time.
  • Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Gone are the days of programs stockpiling and hoarding all the talent. With NIL and the portal, players will go to teams they normally wouldn't have because of playing time and money. They aren't going to sit on the bench just because that team is a national title contender. This will even the playing field over time. And the expanded playoffs will make the regular reason even more interesting.

I feel like every other team I watch has an Ohio State transfer starting and contributing. Hell, y’all have two.