2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread - I'm watching, just like you guys

gsoda3

15 minutes ago, threesheets said:

Holy hell Draymond is the cheapest motherfucker in the history of the league. Can't believe I used to like that piece of shit. 

Dude has his arm around Gafford’s neck on a rebound and the refs just choose to be blind to it. 

Pelicans and Kings both lose. So a loss tonight is not the end of the world. Would be really awesome to steal one though. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Tim Hardaway Jr sucks. So worn out watching him play on both ends of the court. 

I just don’t understand why he cannot shoot for this extended period of time. He’s always been streaky, but damn, this is painful. Maybe they’ll let him work his way out of it during some meaningless games the last week. I still feel like he can get hot and win us a game. 

So now that the Mavs have the tie breaker over NO, they’re basically locked in to a top 6 seed barring the worst collapse of all time. Mavs can pick their preferred 1st round matchup IMO. If they want to rest Luka 1-2 games, I don’t think that’s a bad decision. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Damn this team is fun to watch on D. 

Said no one six weeks ago. What an incredible turnaround. It's fortuitous the NBA told the refs to swallow their whistles after the ASB right when we picked up gaff and PJ but our entire team to a man has levelled up from the addition of these two players.

The ref crew was bad for both sides. I cringe every time I see that girl ref, she's one of the worst in the league and she made 4 terrible no calls/calls tonight. Even my wife who only watches a few games every year noticed without me saying anything.

Posted (edited)

I love Dallas era Kyrie. The dude has as beautiful an offensive game as anyone ever has and he's being a great teammate. Luca and Kyrie could be lightning in a bottle in the playoffs? With Gafford and this version of PJ?

Edited by BeardIP
  • Hook 'Em 1

I thought about going to the game yesterday.  Went from being very happy with that decision for 99% of the game to regretting it.  Crazy finish.  Hopefully can lock in that top 6 spot quickly and get Luka and others some rest.

• Hook 'Em 1

We are out of the play in.  We are not out of a possible matchup with Denver in the first round.  We either need to lock in the 5-seed, or Denver needs to clinch 2 or higher.  Once either of those happens, then rest rest rest.