2023 MLS Cup

Macklemore

They invented a new one four years ago.  It's not the same franchise at all, except for maybe some stadium personnel.  As many football fans we have on here and in Austin, I don't know a single person that gives a solitary fuck about Columbus/LAFC today.  When La Verde are in the playoffs, I think many of us are all ears.  But after they get knocked out, I lose total and complete interest in MLS and move on to international competition of national squads.  

Having said all that, I believe the schedule announcement is coming out on the 19th or 20th, yes?  If anybody knows when/media exactly, please post here.  I'd like to lock in a few dates as far out as possible to save money.  And see when Q2 is available at season's end.  

• Hook 'Em 2

I visited Columbus in 2021 when their stadium was still under construction.

image.thumb.jpeg.029fedbb6a1d4682a9ce538c926fca68.jpeg

You walk past the AAA baseball team’s stadium to get to the stadium from the bars and such. 

I think that I can safely say that the only people pulling for LAFC are: Their fans, MLS big wigs, & Apple TV.

Everyone else is pulling for The Crew. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I visited Columbus in 2021 when their stadium was still under construction.
image.thumb.jpeg.029fedbb6a1d4682a9ce538c926fca68.jpeg

You walk past the AAA baseball team’s stadium to get to the stadium from the bars and such. 

I think that I can safely say that the only people pulling for LAFC are: Their fans, MLS big wigs, & Apple TV.
Everyone else is pulling for The Crew. 

As much as I love Austin getting a team, The Crew deserved to have one as well. Fuck LA, Congrats Columbus (only in soccer, also Fuck OSU!)

Yes, fuck all of Columbus and most of Ohio.  But that's actually a pretty cool stadium.  But glad Precourt relocated to Austin even though it's been a very tumultuous 3 years.  But I didn't think our first Big-5 franchise would be smooth sailing.  Looking very forward to next season though since girls are really getting into football and old enough now to sit through a 2-hour match without too much fuss.

Happy for the Crew and their supporters. They played some of the most attractive soccer in league history this season.  Nagbe is also a great dude so always good to see him win.  

hopefully precourt sells the team or dies soon so Austin can rid themselves of his bad karma and vibes.  such a loathsome duplicitous cunt.  

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2023 at 3:39 PM, YGIFS said:

They invented a new one four years ago.  It's not the same franchise at all, except for maybe some stadium personnel.  As many football fans we have on here and in Austin, I don't know a single person that gives a solitary fuck about Columbus/LAFC today. 

They have a decent fan base, but it's nowhere near the same as it was when the league first took off. Hell more people care about Cincy than they do the Crew.