Texas Softball 2024 - Farewell to the Big 12 (and back to OKC?)

Js1

1 minute ago, bschoolprof said:

Well at least we won the series. We are not the best team in the country, however. Lol. 

Watch us beat the shit out of LSU lol

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Wonder if CG was always the plan vs lsu and that’s why she started Friday and didn’t relieve today despite her short start and no action yesterday.  Then kavan Friday and it’s set for the rest of the conference season. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

48 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Watch us beat the shit out of LSU lol

LSU swept Kentucky this weekend.      Hope springs eternal.  😊

Edit:   They played at Kentucky so they may be tired for the 11AM game.  ☺️

Edited by torre

Tegan gets the start today

Stewie catching, Reese DP, Mitchell at 1st, Washington/Martinez at 2B and SS.  Which is weird because they had Goode on the game day announcement but she's on the bench lol

To further illustrate the experience of LSU

The Lineup

1. Grad Student

2. Senior

3.  Grad Student

4.  Grad Student

5.  Junior

6.  Sophomore

7.  Grad Student

8.  Grad Student

9.  Freshman

And then the first inning....oooofffff

A lot of our early success has proved to be fool's gold. We mostly overwhelmed weak teams. Now our spotty pitching has become a major problem against opponents with real hitters. If we can't outslug you, we're toast. Just the way it is. 

3 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

A lot of our early success has proved to be fool's gold. We mostly overwhelmed weak teams. Now our spotty pitching has become a major problem against opponents with real hitters. If we can't outslug you, we're toast. Just the way it is. 

That Stanford loss really shook us a bit. I think this team got really fucking high on themselves.  We haven't been that impressive since the Stanford loss.  UH taking that first game was a big red flag. 

Mike has to get this team re-focused. It's a long season and what you did in February doesn't fucking matter. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

That Stanford loss really shook us a bit. I think this team got really fucking high on themselves.  We haven't been that impressive since the Stanford loss.  UH taking that first game was a big red flag. 

Mike has to get this team re-focused. It's a long season and what you did in February doesn't fucking matter. 

Agree I wouldn’t say this team is fools gold, but whatever they came out with to begin the season, they lost that after that hot start. 

team is young so probably got big headed 

1 minute ago, D3zii said:

Agree I wouldn’t say this team is fools gold, but whatever they came out with to begin the season, they lost that after that hot start. 

team is young so probably got big headed 

The last thing we need is a repeat of those Clark teams that started off super hot, struggle a bit in conf play, and then lose a home regional as a top 8 seed.

2 minutes ago, Hondo said:

Can our 1st baseman not step/stretch toward the throw to 1st?  No reason the runner should have beat that throw.

All of our 1st baseman have piss poor footwork receiving the ball.

I despise everything LSU unless they are playing the Ags..

Edited by HuntinHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I'm not really complaining that we've returned to earth lately. Youth is hard to overcome, especially without a bunch of strikeout artists to cover our sporadic defense. It's on the coach to earn his money fixing this squad, but mainly to shore up our weaknesses through better recruiting . 

2 minutes ago, HuntinHorn said:

All of our 1st baseman have piss poor footwork receiving the ball 

We have no real 1B and no one on staff that's great at teaching fielding.  I am ok with recruiting primarily hitters and not fielders, but you have to still work on fundemantals and coach them up.  Footwork at 1B is basic stuff.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

We have no real 1B and no one on staff that's great at teaching fielding.  I am ok with recruiting primarily hitters and not fielders, but you have to still work on fundemantals and coach them up.  Footwork at 1B is basic stuff.  

Very basic point A to point B...   You'd think a head coach could get that done.

Edited by HuntinHorn

6 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Katie is probably our best 1B, but that would require moving Mitchell to 3B and replacing Maloney with Scott in the OF and then Stewie/Reese at DP/C.  Which Mike seemingly won't do. No idea why Scott has that 3rd base locked the fuck down.  She was much better in the OF and it improves our infield defense.  Same with Goode at 2B, but Cap isn't getting benched.